US and UK Tube Tone!
Part of 65amps acclaimed Red Line series, the SoHo tube guitar amplifier head delivers a full range of American and British tone. Maxing out at a full 20 watts, the SoHo can fill a modest-sized venue with rich tube tone, but thanks to its Master Voltage control, you can easily drop down to more manageable levels. And when want to kick in that extra grit and warmth, fire up the SoHo's footswitchable bump function and hold on tight. Onstage or on your next record, we're sure you'll be glad you got your 65amps SoHo tube amp head from Sweetwater.
65amps SoHo Tube Guitar Amplifier Head at a Glance:
- Master Voltage control lets you cut volume without killing tone
- Footswitchable bump function lets you revoice your amp on the fly
- 65amps: awesome amplifiers made by guitarists, for guitarists
Thanks to the SoHo's guitar amplifier head's Master Voltage control, you can get the output volume you need without risking the tone or feel of your amp. As opposed to many in-amp voltage-reduction system, which simply starve the power tubes, the SoHo's Master Voltage control preserves the internal tube relationships while maintaining the proper filament voltage. This unique approach to voltage control lets you pull your output power all the way down to three watts without either jeopardizing your sound or dynamics, providing you with ideal note-for-note articulation at whatever volume you need.Footswitchable bump function lets you revoice your amp on the fly
As we mentioned earlier, one of the most remarkable features of the SoHo is its extremely wide dynamic response. You can easily control how clean or dirty this amp sounds by the volume knob on your guitar. But when you want to kick in some extra grit or significantly alter your tone, there's the SoHo's footswitchable bump function. With separate controls for both bump volume and bump tone, the bump function essentially gives you an extra channel of tonal flexibility.65amps: awesome amplifiers made by guitarists, for guitarists
The founders of 65amps, Dan Boul and Peter Stroud, are a couple of accomplished guitarists who turned to their passion for guitar tone when they created amplifiers such as this SoHo. Drawing from Stroud's extensive experience onstage with Sheryl Crow, 65amps came about as an attempt to create roadworthy guitar amplifiers capable of keeping stage volume low while providing the rich and complex sound of full-sized amps. Since hitting the scene in 2002, 65amps models including the SoHo have made their way into the rigs of guitarists such as Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Peter Frampton, Vince Gill, and Keith Urban.65amps SoHo Tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features:
- An ideal amplifier head for recording or low-stage-volume gigging setups
- Master Voltage control lets you dial down the output to 3 watts without sacrificing tone or dynamics
- Footswitchable bump function with independent volume and tone controls lets you kick in the grit and dial in your midrange
- 3-band equalizer section with boost control lets you choose from American or British tone
- Built with pride in North Hollywood, California