Perfect Blues Drive in a Pedal!
The Rivera Blues Shaman guitar overdrive effects pedal gives you the ever-coveted smooth breakup and buttery warmth you'd expect from a small, handmade tube amp. Its boutique, Class A tone comes from the Blues Shaman's highly detailed soft clipping circuitry, which delvers fat and full-bodied tube-style tone. Simple gain and and level controls are all this pedal needs to give you wide wide range of playing dynamics, and when you kick in the Ascension switch, you get a solid clean boost to take your Rivera Blues Shaman overdrive well beyond the breakup point.
Rivera Blues Shaman Electric Guitar Overdrive Pedal at a Glance:
- Stack/Combo switch lets you transform the sound of your pickups
- Ascension footswitch gives you and extra helping of clean gain
- True bypass switching preserves your tone at all times
Rivera loaded their Blues Shaman guitar overdrive pedal with a great set of simple tone-shaping tools. In addition to a surprisingly effective 1-knob tone control, the Blues Shaman lets you choose between "Stack" and "Combo" voicings. Although this toggle switch ostensibly lets you choose between the fuller sound of a larger stacked amplifier and a more focused combo amp sound, it serves a more noticeable function as a contour switch. Set it to Stack, and you can instantly fatten up your too-thin-sounding single-coil axe. Conversely, the Combo setting does a great job reigning in overly dense humbuckers.Ascension footswitch gives you and extra helping of clean gain
Kicking in the Blues Shaman's Ascension footswitch is kind of like activating a clean boost pedal in front of a small yet feisty Class A tube amp. By activating your Blues Shaman's Ascension control, you can easily take your tone from mild breakup to full-bodied vintage overdrive.True bypass switching preserves your tone at all times
What are your pedals doing to your sound when they aren't in use? If you're rocking a Rivera Blues Shaman, then your guitar tone is safe. That's because the Blues Shaman features Rivera's true bypass circuitry. True bypass circuitry means that when you disengage your Blues Shaman, your guitar signal passes cleanly through the pedal, unaffected by any of its background circuitry. This eliminates signal lass and noise, while simultaneously reducing the effecting length of your signal path, reducing the effect of RF and EM noise in the environment.Rivera Blues Shaman Electric Guitar Overdrive Pedal Features:
- The perfect way to make any amplifier sound like a small tube amp pushed to the breakup point
- Dial in anything from mild blues crunch to classic Class A overdrive
- Simple level and gain controls give you access to a wide degree of tube-style breakup
- Ascension footswitch lets you add an extra boost to your gain
- Stack/Combo switch switches between a fuller and a more focused sound
- True bypass switching preserves your guitar tone when not in use