Classic Fender Clean + Modern High-gain = Super-Sonic Twin
Fender's Legendary mid '60s Blackface Twin Reverb is considered the "ultimate in clean" by many tube combo aficionados. To which many would wistfully add, "If only it did overdrive." Well, now it does. A member of Fender's no-nonsense Pro Tube Series, the Super-Sonic Twin nails the shimmering vintage tones of the original, and ups the ante with a smorgasbord of expressive modern high-gain sounds that'll strip the paint off club walls.
The Super-Sonic Twin's Vintage Channel is where you'll find your sparkling cleans and the thick, punchy voice of a '60s-era Bassman amp. The Burn Channel gives you everything from crunchy breakup to full-on sonic armageddon - without masking the true tonal character of your guitar. Did we mention this amp is versatile? Of course, that luscious, tube-driven Fender long-spring reverb is onboard, ready for you to dial-in a judicious amount. All this goodness is poured from dual 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
Pumping out an authoritative 100 watts, the Super-Sonic Twin ups the wattage of the original (which was loud enough for pretty much anything), and updates the all-tube electronics to the current state-of-the-art. Today's Twin contains several advanced features that will broaden your sonic palette:
- Arena/Club switch: knocks the power down to 25 watts yet preserves its jaw-dropping high-volume tube tone at lower "club gig" volume levels.
- Notch Tune control: lets you move the midrange notch and fine-tune the distortion characteristics for a variety of American and British amp sounds.
- Rear-panel Damping Control: lets you select "normal," "loose" or "tight" speaker response for sounds ranging from warm and loose to tight and focused.
- Fender Automatic Bias control, which lets you easily set the output tubes to the recommended factory setting and to your preference of "hotter" or "cooler" bias with no need for meters or tools.
Impressive, yes - but there's more! Fender has fitted this refined beast with an effects loop (mit level control) that also functions as a footswitch-operated boost, and has included a pedalboard-friendly 4-button footswitch and amp cover. A roadworthy chassis wearing classic Fender good looks tops off the package. This is one serious pro amp.
Let's recap: the Super-Sonic Twin gives you industry-standard Fender clean tones and fire-breathing overdrive - in a rugged, attractive, compact amp that can go from club to arena without batting an eye. What's not to like? Face it: you need one of these.Fender Super-Sonic Twin Combo Amp Features at a Glance:
- Series: Pro Tube
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Reverb Driver: 2 x 12AT7
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Two channels: Vintage and Burn
- Line Out: PreAmp Out / Power Amp In
- Extension Speaker jack: Yes
- Hardware: Casters, Tilt Back Legs
- Cabinet Material: Baltic Birch Plywood Cabinet
- Unique Features: Notch Tune Control, Damping Control, Automatic Bias Control, Arena/Club Switch
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Cover: Amplifier Cover included
If you're ready for a truly pro amp, check out the Super-Sonic Twin!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.