Incredibly Deep and Wide Imaging from Shure!
Shure's SRH1440 open-back headphones set a new standard for critical listening headphones. With an incredibly wide frequency response and excellent detail, these phones are ideal for any situation where you must hear every detail of your project but can't use traditional studio monitors. The SRH1440s are also ideal for checking your masters for headphone compatibility - they'll provide the stereo separation and increased low-end that all headphones will provide, but with a pure and uncolored sound that allows you to make crucial mix decisions. Even if you're only using them to listen to your favorite tunes, you'll fall in love with the lifelike sound of the Shure SRH1440 open-back headphones.
Shure SRH1440 Open-back Headphones at a Glance:
- Open-back design for distortion-free audio
- Wide frequency response
- Smart accessory package
Because they're designed for critical listening, the Shure SRH1440s utilize an open-back design. Closed-back designs isolate sound better, preventing leakage from your phones into a live mic for example, but can subtly distort audio particularly in the lower frequencies. It may not sound obvious, but it reduces your ability to listen critically. The SRH1440s are intended for listening, not recording, so the open-back design means you'll only be listening to the sound of your mix, not the sound of your headphones.Wide frequency response
The Shure SRH1440s sport an incredibly wide, 15Hz-27kHz frequency response. That's suitable for reproducing every detail of your music, for anything from hard-hitting electronica to the most dynamic, high-resolution classical recordings. And the impressively flat response ensures that you're hearing your music uncolored.Smart accessory package
You get a storage case, a replacement set of velour earpads, a replacement cable, and a threaded adapter with your Shure SRH1440 open-back headphones. It's a smart set of extras that any working professional would want with a set of pro-headphones.Shure SRH1440 Open-back Headphones Features:
- Critical-listening headphones with a wide frequency response and exceptional accuracy
- 40mm neodymium drivers sound well-defined
- Open-back design provides a wide, natural stereo image with an increased depth of field
- Low-noise performance from the oxygen-free copper cable with Kevlar-reinforced jacket
- Fully adjustable steel headband is comfortable yet durable
- Comfortable velour earpads are replaceable to ensure years of headphone use
- Individually tested and serialized by Shure