The Bass VI Is Back, and Affordable!
The Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI is descended from the historic Fender Bass VI (1961-1975) that was embraced by guitar and bass luminaries alike. Jack Bruce played one in the early days of Cream. George Harrison sported one in the Beatles' "Hey Jude" video. Squier has updated the baritone classic with a trio of custom Jaguar single-coil pickups, and routed the potent elixir through a versatile switching scheme. A non-floating vibrato completes the setup. If you want unique textures for your music, Squier's Vintage Modified Bass VI will do the trick.
Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI at a Glance:
- Your ticket to new musical frontiers
- This beast is playable
Whether you consider the Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI a baritone guitar or a bass, it will bring amazing new textures to your music. Are you a guitarist? With its E-E tuning (an octave below the guitar) the Bass VI will be a seamless transition for you. Add a low-down counterpoint to a guitar figure. Use the versatile pickup selector switches and innovative low-cut "Strangle" circuit to dial the perfect scooped tone and double your bass line for a cool otherworldly effect. Deploy some demonic baritone overdrive. From subtle to in-your-face, the Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI is your ticket to new musical frontiers.This beast is playable
With its 30" scale and fast maple neck, your fingers will fly on the Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI. And the buttery rosewood fingerboard, medium-jumbo frets, and .025-.095-gauge strings certainly do their part to keep your fretting hand nimble. Execute single-note runs at ludicrous speed. Launch licks that start in the basement and end in the attic. And yes - by all means, play bass lines! But don't ignore harmony. Discover new chord voicings - even double stops take on a whole new dimension with the Bass VI. And don't stop there: put up a massive wall of sound with thick, ginormous chords. With the Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI, the sky's the limit.Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI Features:
- Comfortable, toneful contoured basswood body; 30" scale length
- Fast maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Three custom Jaguar single-coil pickups (middle pickup reverse-wound/reverse-polarity)
- Three on/off slide switches (one for each pickup); bass-cut "Strangle" circuit
- Master volume and tone controls
- 6-saddle vintage-style bridge with non-locking floating vibrato
- Vintage-style tuning machines safeguard your fingers from sharp string ends