A powerful stage piano from Kurzweil!
Kurzweil's SP3X is an 88-key stage piano that is loaded with professional-level features and the world-famous sounds that made Kurzweil keyboards famous. The keybed boasts 88 keys with graded hammer action for ultra-realistic piano-like feel. The sounds come straight from the ROM blocks from the PC1 and PC2 along with an orchestral block and GM set to bolster the number of available sounds to 512. The SP3X also contains a comprehensive effects processor to creatively alter the sounds. Boost the quality of your onstage sound with the SP3X!Kurzweil SP3X at a Glance:
- Built on legacy of great sound
- Effects and other features
Built on legacy of great sound
The latest creation from Kurzweil is the SP3X, an 88-key stage piano that represents the virtual blending of the PC1x/PC2x with the popular SP2 - with some extras thrown in just for good measure! The Primary and Secondary ROM blocks offer the same original sounds found on the PC1x and PC2x along with two additional ROM blocks: a set of orchestral sounds and a General MIDI set. All four of these ROMs mirror the original Primary/Secondary/Orchestral/GM program placements that were present in the PC1x with one important difference - these sounds are now powered by the MARA chip. Speaking of sounds, the SP3X offers staggering number of impressive sounds, including woodwinds, synths, bass, guitar, and percussion. And of course there's the famous Kurzweil Grand Piano, which is so good, it's worth the price of admission alone! There are a total of 512 preset sounds to choose from.
Effects and other features
If tinkering with sounds is your thing, dive into the dual-processor effects engine, which offers 128 presets, all taken from Kurzweil's acclaimed K and PC series. Effects range from reverbs and delays to modulation, distortion, and compressors. Everything you need to shape the sound is right there. Add to the stunning effects engine the expressiveness of the controls - pitch and modulation wheels and four knobs - and you've got an impressive keyboard that's equally comfortable onstage, in the studio, or at home. Keep your SP3X's OS up to date with system upgrades available over USB, which can also handle MIDI information.
- Keyboard: 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action, with velocity sensitive adjustable keys
- Display: 2x20 character LCD w/ rear panel contrast knob
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Factory Presets: 512 Programs
- MIDI Setups: 16 user setup locations with 4 programmable zones for splits, layers and rhythms
- Effects: Dual Processors (A & B) offering 128 total FX presets
- Metronome: Yes
- Drum Grooves: 60 pre-programmed patterns
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 4 front panel knobs, 1 switch-pedal input, 1 continuous control pedal input
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: Back panel, 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB as well as OS updates (both Mac & PC - XP only)
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or over MIDI
- Height: 4.96"
- Depth: 13.29"
- Length: 55.59"
- Weight: 48.50 lb.