B3 in a Box: the Hammond SK1
A Hammond B-3 you can tuck under your arm? Amazingly, the Hammond SK1 packs the swirling sonic fortitude of the legendary B-3 into a tidy package weighing in at under 16 lbs. The first Hammond portable to feature a wide range of Extra Voices, the SK1's drawbar section serves up genuine B-3 gestalt, replete with all the traditional features: real mechanical drawbars, chorus vibrato, touch-response percussion, and an outrageously convincing digital Leslie rotary speaker emulation.
You also get Vx and Farf combo organ models plus a potpourri of fine classical pipe organ voices derived from Hammond's 935 Church Organ. Acoustic and Electric Pianos, Clavs, Accordions, Vintage String Synth, Wind Instruments, and Tuned Percussion round out the soundset.
When it comes to organ sounds, most purists insist on the real thing. The SK1 walks like a Hammond - and talks like a Hammond. It's just several hundred pounds lighter and fits in your Mini. The Drawbar section is a complete Hammond organ with all the functions. Hammond's VASE III digital tone-wheel sound generators deliver voicings so convincing, you'll be looking around for a hidden Leslie cabinet.
If you're hankering for those swirluptuous, authentic B-3 tones - but don't have a road crew and a tractor trailer, this is your chance. Hook up with the Hammond SK1 and give your music some lovin'.Hammond SK1 Combo Organ Features at a Glance:
- Sound generator - organ section: 2 x VASE III digital tone wheels, transistor organ and pipe organ; extra voice section: VASE III
- Polyphony: manual (except pipe organ): 61 notes; pedal (except pipe organ): 8 notes; maximum (on pipe organ): 63 notes; Extra Voice section: 63 notes
- Keyboard: 61-key, C1 to C6
- Drawbars: 9 pitches, assignable for upper, pedal, lower
- Effects: Vibrato and chorus, overdrive, multi-effects (8 programs), reverb (digital, 11 programs)
- Equalizer: organ: bass, mid (sweep), treble, tone; Extra Voice: bass, mid (sweep), treble
- Master EQ: bass, mid gain, mid frequency, treble
- Controllers: volumes: master volume, music volume, extra voice volume; switch: power on/off
- Music player: File Format: WAV (44.1KHz, 16-bit, stereo), MP3 (44.1KHz, 128kbps, stereo); Control: song, play/pause
- MIDI: 9 templates; external zones: 3 zones, assignable to any keyboard
- Storage: USB flash drive