An Original Design from the Godfather of Humbuckers!
Seymour Duncan developed their amazing SH-55 humbucking pickup with the help of the very inventor of the humbucker himself, Seth Lover. Thanks to Lover's input, the result was nothing short of but pure, iconic, instantly recognizable humbucker tone. True to vintage designs, the SH-55 is not wax potted, and the tone sounds as close to a period PAF humbucker as any attempt to date. There are models available for both the bridge and neck positions. At Sweetwater, we really dig this pickup - and trust us, you will, too.
Seymour Duncan SH-55 Humbucking Bridge Pickup Features:
- Designed in collaboration with Seth Lover, the original inventor of the humbucking guitar pickup
- Built true to vintage designs without no wax potting
- Standard spacing, Learn more...
- Full 4-conductor wiring lets you set up series/parallel and coil-tapping wiring paths
- Aligned for use in the bridge position (neck-position models also available)