Ex drummers buy guitars, perhaps for the wrong reasons
I got an entry level Gibson SG: SGJ14.
1. Because itís a GIBSON SG!
2. SGs look timelessly baddass! They all do!
3. I like Tony Iommi, and Angus Young.
4. Because I like choppers, hot rods and bobbers. The SGJ is to guitars what a bobbed Harley Sportster is to motorcycles: basic, light weight, American made, no frills, stripped down, ready to boogie, all horses and no chrome- badass! (Yeah, I like using that word: badass when it applies!)
5. Upgrade options abound, but why screw with perfection?
6. Price affordable so I can buy more than one... and screw with perfection!
7. Itís my first electric! What a perfect way to begin an electric guitar collection!
8. Itís a mo ****** GIBSON SG, man!
9. A GIBSON SG!
10. G. I. B. S. O. N!
All fun aside, The axe, and itís cousin, an Epiphone DR500 MCE acoustic, arrived packaged way above and beyond what Iíve read about the competition. Both guitars were set up just fine. Though I play the acoustic more than the electric, Iím beginning to get the hang of this electric guitar thing: mainly, the art of using a guitar pick! After all, I donít want to be the guy who buys a Sportster and keeps it in the garage only to occasionally stare at it and say: ďI got a Harley!Ē
Itís like keeping your Tama hardware and Paiste cymbals polished, but never taking your best **** to the gig. I was NEVER that guy.