A Modern Active Ribbon Mic!
NEWS: Royer Labs has been given a GRAMMY award for their outstanding ribbon mics! In the words of the Academy, these mics "were revolutionary and moved the art of recording forward."
Years of research and testing have culminated in the creation of the Royer SF-2 active ribbon microphone. The Royer SF-2 is an active monaural ribbon microphone, exhibiting flat frequency response with condenser-level output. The Royer SF-2 has superb transient response due to its ultra low-mass, 1.8-micron ribbon assembly. Frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle or placement of the mic. This ribbon mic shines when used on choir, piano, woodwinds, strings, and other acoustic instruments. Grab an SF-2 and see what you have been missing in your recordings.Royer SF-2 Active Ribbon Microphone Features:
- Active electronics give you the output and sensitivity of a condenser
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance or angle
- Very low magnetic leakage
- High efficiency toroid matching transformer and gold plated output connector
- Ultra compact package