Affordable Paul Reed Smith Sound and Feel!
The Paul Reed SE Custom sounds alive from the day the rough blanks for the bodies and necks are cut. The entire instrument works as one to deliver an evenness of tonal color, amplitude and feel no matter where you are on the fingerboard. The Paul Reed Smith SE Custom features a solid mahogany body with a visually stunning flamed maple top, a glued-in mahogany neck, two PRS designed SE standard humbucking pickups with Zebra coils, and a PRS designed Tremolo bridge.Paul Reed Smith SE Custom at a Glance:
- Mahogany Body with flamed maple top.
- 22 fret Mahogany neck, wide-fat carve.
- Rosewood fretboard and moon inlays.
- SE standard humbucking pickups with Zebra coils.
- PRS Tremolo bridge and non-locking tuners.
- Grey Black with creme pickup covers, creme switch tip, and black knobs.
With a solid mahogany body and a mahogany neck, the PRS SE Custom has a sweet, full mid-range, while the flamed maple top adds a bright upper register, The PRS SE Custom 's neck has a 25" scale length mahogany 22 fret neck with rosewood fretboard and moon inlays. The 25" scale allows ease of string bending as with a 24 5/8" scale but with the added harmonic range of the 25 1/2" scale. The Wide Fat neck-carve on the SE Custom has the same nut width as the Wide Thin neck but has a big comfortable profile, similar to the PRS Regular neck. Because of its strength and longer "heel", the Wide Fat neck produces warm tones with lots of sustain.
The SE Custom's pickups are two SE standard humbucking pickups with Zebra coils to give you plenty of power to push a Marshall. PRS Pickups are built in-house to Paul Reed Smith's exacting specifications. Years of work and research have been spent on the important details such as focusing on the highs so they sing instead of shriek, or contouring the bass tone so it's punchy, not boomy. After all, the subtleties are what make the difference in how your pickups sound
The PRS SE Custom comes with a 3-way toggle Master Volume and Tone Control.
PRS Tremolo Bridge
Back in 1984, Paul Reed Smith was granted a patent on his tremolo system. The design elements are simple and resemble the traditional fulcrum tremolo but with some important differences.
1. In the front of a PRS bridge, the six leading edge screw holes are counter-sunk from underneath, providing six brass knife-edge fulcrums. These rest against the six notched brass body mounting screws. This knife-edge set-up ensures that the bridge will return to pitch after use.
2. The pocket in the tremolo bridge keeps the six individually adjustable saddles from moving sideways, thereby eliminating another traditional cause of tuning instability.
3. The tremolo block is drilled out so the ball ends rest right up under the bridge base plate. This leaves less string behind the bridge saddle so there is less chance of detuning, via proper string stretching.
4. There are no rough edges.
5. All adjustment screws are inset and made of brass.
6. The unthreaded tremolo arm fits into a hard plastic sleeve staying where you put it, via a small set screw on the side of the bridge that faces the tail end of the guitar (where the intonation adjustment screws are located) therefore it will not wobble or break off in the block.
Utilizing modern finishing technology, PRS has developed high-gloss finishes and stains that exquisitely highlight the color and grain of while retaining the fast, smooth feel of vintage lacquer.
Because color is an important component in any guitar's appearance, the PRS dyes are specially blended to look their best under stage lights, shining with such luster and brilliance that the guitar truly looks as good as it sounds. The PRS SE Custom has a Grey Black finish with creme rings, creme switch tip, and black knobs.Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Features:
- Color: Grey Black
- Body Type: Double cutaway.
- Body Wood: carved mahogany with flamed maple veneer.
- Neck: Mahogany set-in neck, Wide Fat carve.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood.
- Scale length: 25".
- Position Markers: Moon inlays.
- Controls: Volume and tone control with 3-way toggle pickup selector.
- Bridge/Tailpiece: PRS-design Tremolo.
- Hardware: Nickel.
- Nut: Black.
- Machine Heads: PRS desingned non-locking tuners.
- Pickups: 2 SE standard humbucking pickups with Zebra coils.
- Plastic: Creme rings, creme switch tip, black knobs
- Case: SE gigbag