A Complete Music Production Multi-tool!
Roland and Cakewalk teamed up to create an awesome, portable sound module and interface called the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas. The SD-50 gives you a musical multi-tool that can handle anything from simple 2-track recording or playback, to being the centerpiece of a live, one-man-band. It offers you high-quality XLR and instrument inputs along with onboard effects, and the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas can play your backing tracks from a USB flash memory drive while providing you with a fully multitimbral sound engine for your keyboard controller. No matter what kind of music you create, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas has tools that let you do more.
In the studio, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is your complete 2-channel interface. Select from its hi-Z instrument or phantom-powered XLR inputs and record with most Mac- or PC-based DAWs. And if your studio is anywhere you can take your laptop, then the USB bus-powered SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is fully prepared to join you.
As a sound module, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is entirely worthy of the Roland name. A 1-in/1-out MIDI interface lets you plug in any MIDI equipped controller or keyboard. The SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas gives you 1,125 sounds and sports a 128-note polyphony. It even comes with impressive Mobile Studio Solo Tones, such as Roland's acclaimed shakuhachi, trombone, and violin. And because the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas meets General MIDI 2 (GM2) format specifications, any properly formatted MIDI 1 or 0 file you load via its onboard USB port will provide properly orchestrated backing tracks as you play.
Even if you aren't a musician, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is a powerful general purpose sound source. SONAR LE 8.5 offers educators and lecturers easy-to-use software to edit music or audio for presentation purposes, and the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas itself provides powerful and useful functions. While connected to a computer, it is a high-quality audio output option. But the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas doesn't require a computer to function. With only six AA batteries or using its included AC adapter, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is able to run in standalone mode. Just plug in a USB flash memory device loaded with your audio, and use its comprehensive onboard controls to play it back.
Roland SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas Features at a Glance:
- Compact, portable USB bus-powered audio and MIDI solution, perfect for laptop and mobile use
- 128 polyphony, 1,125 GM2/GS/Mobile Studio Canvas Solo Tones and 32 drum sets
- Features Mobile Studio Canvas Solo Tones including shakuhachi, trombone, and violin
- 2-in/2-out, 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio interface with hi-Z instrument and phantom-powered XLR input
- 1 x 1 MIDI interface
- V-LINK support
- Built-in hardware DSP FX for reverb, chorus, and mastering
- USB memory drive for quick playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and MIDI files
- Enhanced Transport Controls for key and tempo changes, A/B loops, center (vocal) cancel and more
- Powered by AC adapter, USB bus power, or batteries
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers