A Gorgeous 10-Top SC 245!
The PRS SC 245 is a classy instrument inspired by electric guitar pioneer and Paul Reed Smith's mentor Ted McCarty. This beautiful axe gives you the wonderful tonal balance of an eye-catching maple 10-Top and a lightweight mahogany body, plus the relaxed feel of a shorter-scale mahogany neck adorned with a rosewood fretboard and distinctive bird inlays. A pair of PRS 58/15 pickups provide the SC 245 with ample output and with great articulation, giving you the kind of clarity you'd expect from a single-coil but with classic humbucker punch and performance. For classic tone and classy looks, check out the Paul Reed Smith SC 245.
PRS SC 245 Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- PRS 58/15 pickups - designed by Paul for vintage tone
- Pattern profile neck feels great and plays smoothly
- Solid mahogany topped with maple looks and sounds amazing
This SC 245 is one of the first PRS guitars to feature the 58/15 humbucking pickups, designed by Paul Reed Smith himself. They're voiced for "exceptional clarity and focused midrange." Plug into any tube amp and you're primed for an open, airy tone that still holds its own in the mix.Pattern profile neck feels great and plays smoothly
The SC 245 is fitted with PRS's Pattern neck. A hallmark of PRS quality, neck shapes are (of course) critical to your playing experience. Perfected after years of prototyping, the Pattern neck is an updated Wide Fat PRS neck style based on designs Paul Reed Smith did in the '70s and '80s for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, and Howard Leese of Heart. The SC 245's bound rosewood fingerboard is butter under your fingertips. And with exquisite mother-of-pearl and Paua Heart bird inlays, no one will mistake your axe for anything other than a PRS.Solid mahogany topped with maple 10-Top looks and sounds amazing
To give the SC 245 a rich yet balanced sound, PRS began by choosing the tried-and-true combination of mahogany topped with a select maple 10-Top. The SC 245's mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, which is offset perfectly by the brighter tone of maple. Together, these tonewoods give you an incredibly balanced sound.PRS SC 245 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A quintessential maple-topped mahogany rock guitar with irreproachable PRS quality and style
- Mahogany capped with a gorgeous maple 10-Top delivers deep bass resonance with top-end sparkle
- 58/15 pickups provide the clarity of a single-coil with the low-noise operation and punch of a humbucker
- Pattern neck profile balances speed and comfort beautifully
- Hardshell case included