Tube Compression in Stereo!
The S3 Stereo 3-Band Tube Compressor incorporates everything Ivor Drawmer, dynamics guru from England, has learned in his 25 years as one of the world's top compressor manufacturers. The aim from the beginning was to create a "Signature Series" that would avoid compromise and deliver the highest possible performance in a mixing or mastering situation. Using the highest-grade audio components, ten tube stages in each channel, and a 3-band compression approach, the S3 is unique in all of professional audio. Drawmer delivers a previously unattainable level of control of compression tonality.
What makes the S3 so different is the unique features and controls. On the far left is the input crossover, which divides the audio into three bands. These points are fully adjustable and offer the user complete control. The three tube-based optical compressors are laid out in a linear fashion with bypass buttons to compare before and after settings to make setup quite simple. In addition, the high band compressor offers a unique "AIR" switch that restores high frequencies lost during compression. This air switch prevents the S3 from ever sounding dark. The low frequency compressor offers another unique Drawmer feature: a "BIG" switch that triggers a filter in the detector that prevents over-reaction to bass content and "pumping". The signal path consists of high performance input/output transformers, passive components and 10 tubes (8 x ECC83 and 2 x 12BH7) configured as a fully balanced Class A design.Drawmer S3 Stereo Compressor Features:
- Fully Balanced Signal Path Class A Design
- Isolation Transformers In And Out
- 20 X Active Tube Stages
- High Power 'Push/Pull' Output Stage Delivering Up To +30dBm
- Variable Band Split Points
- Fast Reacting 'Oven' Controlled Ldr's To Maintain Calibration Accuracy
- Switchable 'Peak' Or 'Vu' Metering To Display Transients
- Switchable +10db Or +20db Meter Re-Scale Modes
- 'Air' Mode For High Band
- 'Big' Mode For Low Band
- Switchable Mute And Bypass On Each Band
- Individual Gain Reduction Metering On All Bands