Something New This Way Comes from PRS!
Throw out the old! PRS introduces their brand-new S2 Vela solidbody electric guitar! Maintaining the high-level workmanship the company is known for, PRS changed their recipe for the new vintage-inspired Vela. Sweetwater players love the offset mahogany body. With a Starla treble humbucking pickup with coil-tap and a new Type-D single-coil bass pickup the guitar aims to rock, cut, and jangle with the best. The Vela also carries the new PRS plate-style bridge with two intonation-compensated brass saddles. Find your new tone with the S2 Vela!
PRS S2 Vela at a Glance:
- New asymmetrical body design to distinguish yourself from the others
- PRS Starla humbucker and Type-D single-coil pickups with coil-tap for unending tonal options
- Brand-new PRS plate-style bridge with brass saddles to give you maximum sustain
For some adding a neck pickup to the legendary Esquire was crazy! PRS looks to move their legacy ahead in a similar fashion with a new take on their now classic body design. Enter the S2 Vela and its offset contoured Mahogany body. If you're looking for a guitar with its own look, or you're already a die-hard PRS devotee who's just looking for a twist, this guitar is for you!PRS Starla humbucker and Type-D single-coil pickups with coil-tap for unending tonal options
The Vela is a killer tool to add to your PRS arsenal of tonal weapons. The Starla humbucker gives you a sweet sound that PRS has been known for, including the coil-tap capability to take you into some serious jangle territory. The brand-new Type-D single-coil in the neck position harkens back to some of the greatest twang king guitars of the 1950s. All the tones you want are in the S2 Vela.Brand new PRS plate-style bridge with brass saddles to give you maximum sustain
And now for something completely different! PRS unveils their new plate-style bridge with two adjustable brass string saddles manufactured for precise intonation. Being a look back to Paul Reed Smith's early designs, the bridge is a total departure from PRS's current offerings. the Vela's new bridge design will give you all the twang, sustain, and clarity that you desire.PRS S2 Vela Features:
- New offset body is a new take on a classic design
- Starla and Type-D pickups open up a plethora of new sounds from PRS
- PRS plate-style bridge for maximum sustain and twang
- Pattern Regular neck means comfort of playing
- Locking S2 Tuners offer easy string changes and tuning stability
- 25" scale length for ideal string tension and ease of playing
- Comes with a Gig Bag