Great acoustic tones from Fishman!
Fishman's Rare Earth Blend merges the humbucking Rare Earth pickup with a high-quality internally mounted microphone for a "best of both worlds" approach to acoustic guitar amplification. The microphone is a mini hypercardioid electret for high volume and low feedback performance. The system combines the percussive attack and controlled sustain of the magnetic pickup with the resonant, ambient qualities captured by an internal microphone. Neodymium (a rare earth element, hence the name Rare Earth pickup) magnets provide excellent string-to-string balance, while the discrete circuitry keeps the Rare Earth's signal pure and clean.Fishman Rare Earth Humbucking Pickup at a Glance:
- The Pickup
- The Preamp
This Fishman Rare Earth pickup is a "stacked coil" style, for musicians who demand quieter reproduction than a single coil pickup can offer. A brilliance knob, located on the side of the pickup, is easily accessible through the soundhole. In the "up" position, this knob provides a subtle, rising treble boost, from 2kHz to 20kHz. This position is especially effective for adding a bit of extra sparkle to finger style playing. In the "down" position, it provides a flat response, which produces a mellower sound, well suited for strumming and flatpicking.
The preamp is housed within the pickup. A low noise circuit design preserves the pickup's performance in any audio environment. The preamp allows you to plug the Rare Earth into a full range instrument amplifier, an unbalanced input of a PA system, a recording console or direct box, without the signal loss or degradation typically found with passive soundhole pickups. You may run cables up to 80' (25m) in length without any audible loss of fidelity.
- Cutting-edge neodymium (a rare earth element) magnets
- High-quality internally mounted microphone with hypercardioid polar pattern
- Three-dimensional amplified acoustic guitar tone
- Gooseneck is permanently attached
- Can be plugged into an instrument amplifier, sound reinforcement system, recording console or direct box
- Miniature battery mounts conveniently on the underside of the pickup (batteries included)
- Low current design of the preamp allows 150 hours use between battery changes
- Fits in soundholes as small as 3-5/8" diameter
- Pre-wired output jack can also be endpin mounted
- Active electronics for a pure, clean sound
- Excellent string-to-string balance