GEM's DRAKE power and technology in a rack module!
The RP-X is specifically dedicated to the emulation of stunning acoustic pianos and vintage instruments ideal for stage or studio use. In addition to the superb grand piano patches, the selection of Rhodes, Wurlitzer, and Clavinet are reproduced with stunning reality. The DRAKE (DSP RISC Advanced Keyboard Engine) technology acclaimed for its astonishing performances in the Promega & Realpiano Series pianos is now available in the RP-X module, offering musicians a wide selection of the best electric and acoustic piano sounds including the famous Fazioli F308. For amazing sounds in a more affordable keyboard, check out the RP-X.GEM RP-X at a Glance:
- Great sounds for performance
- Intuitive user interface
Great sounds for performance
RP-X features an impressive 72 notes max polyphony, 64 MB of stereo/mono samples, and physical modelling generation. The combination of sounds, effects and their control parameters may be stored in the presets for immediate recall during live performance.
Intuitive user interface
The user interface is extremely easy to navigate with a minimum of front panel buttons to access essential controls and functions. The rear panel features stereo audio output, aux stereo input, MIDI in/thru connections along with a USB port for a direct connection to the computer (Windows). The "X Series" is accompanied by a custom PC-based editor that allows easy control, simultaneous change and storage of the vast number of internal parameters. The RAM and flash memories allow the "X Series" modules to be fully updated via software just like all the other GEM instruments powered by DRAKE.
- Polyphony - 72 notes max.
- Memory - 64 MB
- Sounds - 50 PCM-physical model sounds stero/mono
- Multiparts - 4 parts
- Performances - 99
- Effects - 6 Reverbs: Room - small, medium, large; Hall - large, medium; stage
- 4 Effects: Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Stereo Delay
- 4-band parametric EQ (progr.)
- 2 Insert effects: wah-wah, compressor
- Modes - Single, Layer, Split
- Controls - Volume pot., on/off switch, perf. button, data buttons, edit button, edit indicators: part (ch), sound, volume, velocity, transp, tune, efx, rev
- Display - LED 3 cifre / 7 segments
- Connections - Output L/R, inputs L/R, USB, MIDI In/Out/Thru, pedal 1 - 2, 12 D.C. in
- RP-X Editor - PC software editor for controlling the sound module via MIDI or USB