Manley's Take on a Classic EQ
People often ask us if the Manley Pultec EQP-1A sounds like the old ones to which we reply, "Yes!" The originals had three transformers in the signal path whereas Manley's can be used completely transformerless. The Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A has a vastly superior B+ power supply, with regulated and balanced heater supply. Manley's line amp is known to be killer-sounding. The components of the Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A just weren't available 20 years ago.
The Manley Pultec EQP-1A, now available in both single and 2-channel versions, uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in our ALL-TUBE single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; the Pultec EQP-1A's gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot. Like our 40dB Mic Preamps, the Manley Pultec EQP-1As offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety.
Kick drum? Bring on the Manley Pultec EQP-1A and all the iron you can muster! You'll soon discover the power and magic of having those individual Low Frequency BOOST and CUT controls in that LF shelf circuit. . . Need a little clarity or extension? Try that middle bell-shaped Boost dialing in the sharpness of the boost on the BANDWIDTH control. Something bugging you? Ease it off with the HF shelf cut. You'll see. There's no substitute for a Pultec EQP-1A!Manley Pultec EQP-1A Features:
- MANLEY ENHANCED PULTEC EQ
- MANLEY input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 600 input Z
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Outputs
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-100KHz
- PHASE REVERSE switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless 1/4" HI-Z (5K ohm) input
- BYPASS switch
- Silent conductive plastic BOOST & CUT controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- <0.01% THD @ 1Khz
- Adjustable FEEDBACK / GAIN: Unity +/-5dB
- Hi-current drive <50 ohm LO-Z unbalanced output
- Max. output (into 600 ohm load): (+20 dBm)
- Power consumption (120/240VAC): 18 watts
- Dimensions:Occupies 2 rack units
- Shipping weight: 12 lbs.
NOTE: All prices are valid for U.S. sales only. For international sales inquiries, please refer to the agent in your home country which can be found on the Manley Labs international distributor webpage.