This Prophet Has with Even More Vintage Style!
With the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition), you get an evolution of a classic synth - with even more "vintage-style" control. That's because the Prophet '08 PE sports front-panel pots instead of the rotary controllers you'll find on the standard Prophet '08 - very cool. The Prophet 5 shook up music production as we know it... it's simply analog synth vibe personified. You'll find all that tasty, rich analog tone - with some new wrinkles thrown in for more functionality and sound-shaping capabilities, with your Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE.Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE Analog Polysynth at a Glance:
- Great new features
- True analog
The Prophet '08 PE Potentiometer Edition has eight voices with a classic 2-oscillator, 2/4 pole Curtis lowpass filter, VCA architecture, and 52 knobs to tweak. Prophet 08 goes well beyond the original Prophet by including Four LFOs, three envelopes, and a gated sequencer per voice. Each program has two layers, so the sounds can be easily stacked or split. A four-mode latchable arpeggiator is also included.True analog
There are countless digitized imitations of analog synths out there, both in hardware and plug-in form. Many of them sound great, but nothing touches the real thing for true analog sound. Prophet 08 features an all-analog signal path and includeds an analog step sequencer. It looks like what you'd want the newest Prophet to look like, with a black chassis, wood end caps, white graphics, and slim black knobs with silver caps. The pitch and mod wheels are black, and are mounted on the panel.Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition) Analog Polysynth Features:
- Affordable full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path
- Classic, real analog sound-including legendary Curtis analog lowpass filters, all married to a modern feature set
- Compact size with huge sound.
- Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis lowpass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs
- Dimensions: 12.1" W x 34.8" L x 3.875" H (2.25" at front edge; the feet account for 0.25" of the total height)
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.