An Effective, Affordable Compressor/Leveling Amp from ART!
The ART Pro-VLA II is a tube driven Vactrol-based compressor/leveling amplifier designed for tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound, or broadcast situations. By using an opto-electronic design, (as opposed to a more typical VCA driven level detection circuit) the Pro-VLA II allows more compression to be added to an audio source with a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II an ideal dynamic control device!ART Pro-VLA II Compressor/Leveling Amplifier at a Glance:
- Great in the studio or live
- Tube compression circuitry
Great in the studio or live
ART's Tube Compressor/Leveling Amplifier deliver analog leveling/compression designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, and electronic instrument application. It excels at making tracks sound rich and full for both live audio engineering and studio recording applications.
Tube compression circuitry
ART's tube compression circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing advanced analog and tube technology, and has exceptional signal integrity with extremely low noise.
This unit utilizes optical electronics (a device known as a Vactrol), coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance. Unlike typical compressors which use VCAs to control level detection, ART tube compressors are very musical, expressive and natural-sounding.
- Vactrol Opto-Compression Design (no VCA)
- Mastering-Quality Audio Signal Path with Tube Gain Stage
- Enhanced Link Mode - While in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, - optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio & Output Controls
- LED Backlit VU Input/Output Level Metering
- LED Metering Indicates Both Average Level And Peak Hold
- Accurate Ten Segment LED Gain Reduction Metering
- +4dBu/-10dBV Mode Switch Optimizes Pro-VLA II For Interface With Professional OR Consumer Grade Components
- Active Balanced XLR And 1/4-inch Inputs and Outputs
- Toroidal Transformer Reduces Mechanical and Electrical Hum