Incredible System 5 Expander!
NOTE: This product requires an iLok (not included) for authorization. Please call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer if you have questions.
Bring up the level with Avid's Pro Expander AAX plug-in. Designed to infuse your mixes with more energy, Pro Expander AAX takes a unique approach to dynamics, providing you with powerful expansion, gate, and ducking options. This incredibly flexible expander gives you five expansion modes, two expansion methods, and even parallel signal blending, yet it's incredibly easy to use. And with special AAX DSP optimization, Avid's Pro Expander AAX takes full advantage of your Pro Tools|HDX rig!AAX: The Future of Pro Tools Plug-in Technology!
The AAX (Avid Audio eXtension) plug-in format completely changed the game for Pro Tools. In addition to rocketing Pro Tools plug-ins into the 64-bit world, this remarkable new plug-in format makes it easier than ever for developers to create quality plug-ins. What's more, the two AAX formats (AAX Native and AAX DSP) sound nearly identical, making it easier than ever to transfer your projects between Pro Tools|HDX systems and natively hosted Pro Tools systems.Avid Pro Expander AAX Compression Plug-in Features:
- An amazing dynamics plug-in based on the expander from the world-Class Avid System 5 console
- Perfect for mono and multichannel material
- Look ahead mode prevents gating from cutting into the attack of upcoming transients
- Upward mode actively increases the dynamic range of your audio signal
- Built-in ducker easily emulates the radio talk-over effect
- Loaded with four advanced expansion detectors: Average, Peak, Fast Peak, and RMS
- Unique SMART compression mode automatically morphs signals between all four standard compression modes
- Q with side-chain control lets you target offending frequencies for de-essing, plosive removal, and other frequency-dependent dynamics control
- Isolate just the gain reduction part of your audio material with the solo function for easy setting adjustment
- Blend the compressed sound with the unprocessed input for parallel compression
- PPM metering provides precise and responsive level analysis
- Front/rear linking mode adds easy processing of surround-sound material
- AAX DSP optimized for use with massive Pro Tools|HDX mixes
- Requires Pace iLok USB key for authorization