Your Ticket to Fatter Drums and Guitars
NOTE: This product requires an iLok for authorization.
Fact: you introduce phasing every time you place multiple microphones near a single source. Blended together, these tiny aberrations in arrival time cause your drums, guitars, and vocals to sound thin and hollow. The Eventide Precision Time Align plug-in helps synchronize tracks down to 1/64 of a sample for a fuller, punchier, more focused sound. The Precision Time Align also simplifies blending outboard-processed signals with recorded takes and will make you confident your kick and snare tracks are firing at the same time.Why not just slide tracks around in my DAW?
There are two reasons this can be a bad idea. The first is accuracy. Even at max magnification, your DAW probably only lets you slide tracks sample by sample. The Eventide Precision Time Align is accurate down to 1/64 of a sample. At 44.1kHz, that's 0.0004 (four ten-thousandths) of a millisecond! The next reason is permanency. Shifting around tracks can cause more problems than it fixes. So unless you have a DAW that lets you revert tracks to their original positions, you may run into trouble as your project progresses. Take it from Sweetwater: if you have to align tracks, you're much better off doing it with the capable Eventide Precision Time Align plug-in.Eventide Precision Time Align Plug-in Features:
- Minimizes phasing issues between 2 mics
- Makes drums fatter, guitar amps punchier, and vocals more focused
- Great for blending re-amped/outboard-processed signals with dry takes
- More accurate and less risky than sliding tracks in your DAW
- Coarse and Fine sliders let you use your ears
- Accurate down to 1/64 of a sample (0.0004 ms)
- English imperial and metric units of distance
- Compare button lets you A/B your last 2 settings
- Phase Invert switch flips polarity - great for snare bottom mics
- AAX2, VST, AU formats
- iLok account required; iLok dongle not required