Protect Your Live Mix from Mic Bleed and Feedback
When it comes to live sound, not all expander plug-ins are equal. Waves developed their Primary Source Expander to provide an easy way to prevent mic bleed and feedback. A simple user interface makes it easy to dial in gentle, natural-sounding volume-control settings.
Using the Primary Source Expander plug-in is easy. Once your audio dips below your set threshold, it mimics the effect of pulling down the channel's fader. You decide how far the level drops to get the best results. Primary Source Expander also includes sidechain and ducking controls. These let you achieve greater consistency when you deal with complex mixing setups. From front of house to monitor mixes, the Waves Primary Source Expander will let you create cleaner mixes than ever.
Waves Primary Source Expander Plug-in Features:
- Highly adaptive precision expander designed for managing idle mic levels in a live setting
- Helps reduce mic bleed onstage and protects open microphones from feedback
- Smooth expansion emulates pulling down faders on unused microphone channels
- User-friendly GUI makes dialing in the threshold and attenuation amount easy
- Add extra accuracy via internal and external sidechaining with independent filters
- Ducking mode provides an extra dose of precision in complex live setups
- Choose from several expertly crafted release time presets
- Compatible with AAX Native, VST, AU, RTAS, and SoundGrid plug-in hosts