Enjoy High-quality Field Recording - Straight to SD!
The Marantz PMD661 embodies the same, convenient handheld design as Marantz's other portable recorders. Yet, Marantz upped the ante, making the PMD661 capable of recording at even higher sample rates and bit depths - straight to SD media. Marantz's other handheld recorders top out at 16-bit or 48kHz, but the PMD661 brings you up to 24-bit/96kHz, making it worthy of high-level recording applications. As far as inputs, you get both analog and digital - plus built-in stereo condenser microphones. And, for convenience, there are even stereo speakers built-into the Marantz PMD661.Marantz PMD661 SD Handheld Recorder at a Glance:
- Records to SD all the way up to high-quality 24-bit/96kHz
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones and built-in speakers
- Large, easy-to-view OLED display and angled LED meters
- Advanced playback and recording functions
- USB data port for easily transferring files
- Powered by four AA batteries - for over 5 hours of operation
- Includes free PMD Mark Editor software
Records to SD all the way up to high-quality 24-bit/96kHz
The Marantz PMD661 is a rugged, field-worthy handheld recorder that's designed to handle top-level recording needs. That's because the PMD661 can record at higher sample rates and bit depths than Marantz's other handheld recorders - you can record at 44.1, 48, or 96kHz and at 16- or 24-bit. You can also choose between recording MP3 or WAV(BWF) files. All your audio is stored on SD or SDHC memory cards - convenient for their small size and high storage capacities, as well as their affordability.
Built-in stereo condenser microphones and built-in speakers
If you want the ability to just "point and shoot" - free of cabling, external microphones, and extra gear, then the Marantz PMD661 is just your ticket. Not only does it feature high-quality built-in stereo condenser microphones, but it also offers stereo speakers onboard. You'll be glad you have onboard speakers when you hear back a quick idea or check levels before beginning a recording - you won't have to pull out a pair of headphones, just to reference the sound. Although, the PMD661 sports a 1/4" headphone jack, so the option is there if you need it. What's more, you also have switchable balanced XLR mic and line inputs, with 48V phantom power for recording with your own gear. A S/PDIF digital input is also onboard.
Large, easy-to-view OLED display and angled LED meters
The Marantz PMD661 is designed to make it as easy as possible to record. Its large OLED (organic LED) display is easy to view, and the user interface features improved navigation functions, so you can quickly find files, work with them, and set up your recordings. What's more, there are on-screen record level meters in addition the PMD661's convenient angled LED displays.
Advanced playback and recording functions
You can take care of advanced tasks using the PMD661's built-in functionality. If you need to transcribe audio, the PMD661 features pitch control and user-definable skip back - very handy. Other advanced features include Timer Record and Timer Playback, Copy Segment, and File Divide.
USB data port for easily transferring files
Whenever you've captured your audio, transferring the files to your computer is a breeze. The Marantz PMD661 features USB 2.0 data port which provides fast data transfer to your Mac or PC. The device will appear on your computer just like you plugged in any external hard drive or flash drive - from there, just drag-and-drop them to wherever you need, and manage your files from your computer.
Powered by four AA batteries - for over 5 hours of operation
The Marantz PMD661 receives its power via four AA alkaline batteries - and it can operate for an impressive five hours, under typical conditions. It's also designed to accept off-the-shelf rechargeable NiMH batteries and can be powered by an optional DC adapter.
Includes free PMD Mark Editor software
In addition to the PMD661's easily navigable user interface, flexible input options, and excellent sound quality, Marantz bundled its Mark Editor software for free for the first time. This software lets you adjust marker points you make on recorded files after you've recorded, so you can perform basic editing functions on any PC or laptop without needing any extra software.
- Records MP3/WAV(BWF) files to SD/SDHC memory cards
- 44.1/48/96kHz sample rate selections in 16 or 24-bit
- Switchable balanced XLR MIC/Line inputs with +48v phantom power
- S/PDIF Digital Input
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- 2 XLR inputs, 1/8" aux input
- RCA L/R line outputs
- Large, easy-view OLED (organic LED) display
- Multi-function user interface with improved navigation
- Angled LED and on-screen record level meters for easy visibility
- 1/4" headphone jack with independent level control
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Solid, field-worthy handheld design
- 4xAA Alkaline batteries provide for over 5 hours of typical operation
- Also accepts off-the-shelf rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Mini USB 2.0 data port for fast transfer of files to PC / MAC
- Transcription playback functions include pitch control and user-definable skip back
- Other advanced features: Timer Record / Playback, Copy Segment, and File Divide
- Includes free Mark Editor software
- Includes AC adapter