The Original Bundled-dowel Drumsticks
Promark is the originator of today's rod drumsticks. Drummers flock to these bundled-dowel sticks for their reduced volume and creative textures around the kit. And since Rods are available in four flavors — from the original Hot Rods and reduced-volume Cool Rods to the heavy-hitting Lightning Rods and Thunder Rods — Promark has a sound that every player is sure to love. When sticks are too loud but brushes are too soft, Sweetwater drummers recommend Promark Rods to our customers and friends.
Promark Rods: the sticks that saved rock 'n' roll
Promark Rods helped save one of rock's most popular Unplugged sessions: Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York. Drummer Dave Grohl, famous for his Animal-like playing approach, had trouble adapting to the acoustic setting, and frontman Kurt Cobain started getting cold feet. "The thing about Unplugged is," said producer Alex Coletti, "if the drummer doesn't really, really get it under control, it brings the show to a bad-sounding electric show instead of a good-sounding acoustic show." Alex's assistant bought Dave a set of Hot Rods the day of taping, and the rest is history. Good thing, too — up until the switch, there was talk of Dave not joining the group for the sessions, which would have been a major blow to millions of us Nirvana fans in the '90s.
Promark Cool Rods Features:
- The original bundled dowel drumsticks
- 0.425" diameter
- The lightest Rods in the series
- For the softest gigs and lightest hitters
- The perfect starting point for unplugged sessions
- For when sticks are too loud, but brushes are too soft
- Enjoy fat, slappy drum tones and reduced cymbal volume
- Great for experimenting with new textures around the kit
- US made from select birch dowels
- Heat shrink grips are comfortable in the hands