You Can't Afford NOT to Have Power Protection!
The Furman PL-8 II Power Conditioner protects your valuable electronic equipment from damaging voltage spikes and provides clean, noise-free AC power to your gear. The PL-8II utilizes Furman's revolutionary Series Mode Protection (SMP) circuit and Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) comprise what might be the world's most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressor. You've spent thousands on your gear, and the PL-8II is a very affordable way to protect your investment.Furman PL-8 II Power Conditioner at a Glance:
- Surge suppressor and AC filter with 8 back-panel outlets and 1 front outlet
- 15 amp rating with circuit breaker built in
- Series Mode Protection absorbs and dissipates damaging transient voltages without destroying unit
- Linear Filtering Technology eliminates AC line noise and stops leakage
Essential insurance for your electronic gear!
Furman has improved upon its already trusted line with the PL-8 II Power Conditioner. With 8 back-panel outlets and 1 front outlet and a 15-amp rating with a built-in circuit breaker, you can connect a rack full of gear and rest assured that no damaging voltage spikes or dirty power will reach your equipment.
Series Mode Protection means no down time!
Furman's PL-8 II Power Conditioner features maintenance-free SMP surge suppression that virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits "sacrifice" themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring replacement or repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman's SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated. In cases of extreme transient voltages the PL-8 II safely shuts itself, and everything connected to it, down. No sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
The PL-8 II's unparalleled clamping voltage doesn't come at the expense of safety! While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak, (far beyond accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC, 3000 amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology. Additionally the PL-8 II contains Furman's trusted over-voltage circuitry to protect against accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC, by shutting off the incoming power until the over voltage condition is corrected.
Linear Filtering Technology eliminates AC line noise
The PL-8 II employs Furman's real-world tested Linear Filtering Technology - LiFT - That takes a realistic approach to line noise and "dirty" AC power. LiFT ensures optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground. Traditional AC conditioners could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, often adding more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! The PL-8 II also guarantees zero leakage of AC power to ground.
- 9 AC outlets with 15 amps capacity
- Front-panel master switch controls operation of the rear outlets
- LED rack lights which produce virtually no heat
- SMP with extreme voltage shutdown
- LiFT with zero ground contamination
- Two retractable, long-life, low-heat LED light fixtures with dimmer switch for rack illumination
- BNC connector on the rear panel for standard goose neck lamp attachment
- Front-panel circuit breaker can be quickly and easily reset
- Three year limited warranty