A Huge-sounding Fender Bass!
Fender's Deluxe Series Active P Bass Special offers you the tone and feel of the '51 P-Bass with a modern twist - an active EQ section that gives you lets you shape that warm and fuzzy Fender tone with modern control. The Active P Bass Special features the time-tested body shape of the original '51 P-Bass with a satin polyurethane finish and is available in different colors to give you the right look onstage. Chrome hardware, American Vintage Precision Bass bridge, side-mounted jack, and a deluxe gig bag complete the Fender Active P Bass Special.Fender Active P Bass Special at a Glance:
- Alder Body with a Maple Jazz Bass neck.
- P-Bass and J-Bass Pickups.
- Three-band active EQ
Alder Body with a Maple Jazz Bass Neck
This huge-sounding hybrid model features an alder body adorned with a single-ply beveled gold vinyl pickguard and a maple Jazz Bass guitar neck (modern C shape) with a 20-fret, 9.5"-radius rosewood or maple fingerboard.
P-Bass and J-Bass Pickups
On board is a standard alnico split single-coil Precision Bass pickup (middle) and a dual-coil ceramic Noiseless Jazz Bass pickup with nickel-plated pole pieces (bridge) with pan-pot switching.
Three-band active EQ
Controls are master volume, pan, and three-band active EQ with treble boost/cut (+/- 10 db at 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave), mid boost/cut (+10dB, -15dB at 500Hz, and a wide band slope) and bass boost/cut (+/- 12db at 40Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave).
- The Fender Active P Bass Special is a 4-string bass with active EQ.
- Body: Alder, (Precision Bass Body)
- Color: Black
- Neck: Maple Jazz Bass Neck, Modern "C" Shape (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius (241mm) (Rosewood fretboard also available)
- No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 1 Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid), 1 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge).
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot
- 3-band Active EQ: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave. Mid Boost/Cut: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope. Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
- Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
- Bridge: American Vintage Precision Bass
- Machine Heads: Standard
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Beveled Gold Vinyl
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.50" (38mm)
- Unique Features: Side Mounted Jack
- Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag