A Solidbody Guitar with Natural Acoustic Sound!
The PRS P22 Trem solidbody electric guitar combines the classic tone of vintage-style humbuckers and a glorious, natural acoustic sound. The axe sports a beautiful figured maple top and is fitted with a modified PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system that gives you a gorgeous, full-bodied acoustic guitar tone. Separate output jacks and volume controls let you blend your piezo output with the P22's 57/08 pickups or send it on a separate signal path. With its fast neck, tasteful appointments, and vibrato tailpiece the PRS P22 Trem is a must-have.
PRS P22 Trem Solidbody Guitar at a Glance:
- Choice tonewoods protected with PRS's amazing V12 finish
- PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system lets you blend in a natural acoustic tone
- Uncovered 57/08 pickups deliver a sweetened humbucker sound
To give the P22 a rich yet balanced sound, PRS began by selecting the tried-and-true combination of mahogany topped with maple. The P22's mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, adding character to its acoustics. By nature, mahogany is a bit dark sounding. That's where the brighter tone of the maple top comes in. Together, these tonewoods give you an incredibly balanced sound. Thanks to PRS's ultra-durable V12 finish, the P22 feels and sounds like it's coated in well-worn nitro.PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system lets you blend in a natural acoustic tone
Redesigned to fit the solidbody P22, the PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system onboard this guitar gives you access to the natural acoustic sound of its mahogany body. A control knob lets you blend the sound of this pickup with the sound of the P22's humbuckers, adding a woodier quality and extra sustain to your tone. There's also a separate output next to the P22's main output that lets you send just the sound of the PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system to an acoustic amplifier. You're going to love the range of tones you can get out of this electric guitar!Uncovered 57/08 pickups deliver a sweetened humbucker sound
Speaking of tone, playing with the P22's 57/08 pickups alone is a wonderful experience. That's because PRS designed their 57/08 pickups to give you the sweetened sound you'd expect from real vintage humbuckers. They even bought the same coil wire manufacturing machine that '50s-era guitar makers used to create some of the best sounding pickups in history, all so they could give guitars like the P22 the timeless tone you desire.
PRS P22 Trem Solidbody Guitar Features:
- A versatile solidbody guitar that gives you both an electric and an acoustic guitar sound
- Mahogany body with gorgeous figured maple top looks amazing and provides incredible tonal balance
- Uncovered 57/08 pickups give a vintage humbucker sound with a sweetened high end
- Onboard PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system lets you blend natural acoustic sound into your tone
- Discrete piezo output lets you send your acoustic sound to a second amplifier
- PRS's V12 finish feels like nitro and protects like acrylic
- PRS Piezo Trem tailpiece
- Hardshell case included