Sony's Premium Limiter Plug-in, Now in Native Format!
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at 1-800-222-4700.
Sonnox has won over many a "golden ear" that previously maintained you could "hear digital." Now Sonnox has added the new Oxford Limiter to their list of stellar plug-ins. The good news is, Oxford Limiter is available for native systems! Whether your goal is transparent level control, loudness maximization, or artistic effect, the Oxford Limiter's performance is outstanding.Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native plug-in at a Glance:
- Premium-quality look-ahead limiting for accuracy
- Enhance function adds perceived volume and punch
- Comprehensive metering helps avoid damaging reconstruction overloads
- Maximum possible levels without artifacts
- Dithering with selectable noise shaping
Premium-quality look-ahead limiting for accuracy
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter has been developed from decades of professional audio experience to provide a very high degree of quality and facility in program limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic sidechain processing, along with innovative adaptive timing functionality using look-ahead signal acquisition, the Oxford Limiter provides exemplary performance, whether seeking general transparent level control, program loudness maximization or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Enhance function adds perceived volume and punch
The Oxford Limiter provides additional processing in the form of its unique Enhance function, which allows unprecedented volume and punch to be applied to your program beyond that available from conventional limiting functions, without incurring the risk of producing either peak sample overloads or reconstructed errors in end-user equipment.
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter features comprehensive metering that displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally allows you to monitor the true validity of the program in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target equipment which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed "inter sample peaks").
Maximum possible levels without artifacts
A further function of the Oxford Limiter allows you to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Dithering with selectable noise shaping
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter's comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output quality in either 24-bit or 16-bit modes.
- Unique Enhance section - provides sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires
- Variable soft knee control
- Attack and Release controls
- Reconstruction Meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature - corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping
- 16 presets - some quite extreme!
- Mac/PC, AAX (Native, HDX) RTAS, VST or AU