Oxford Dynamics for Native Systems!
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at (800) 222-4700.
The Sonnox Oxford Dynamics Native plug-ins are based on the same processing used in the famed Sony OXF-R3 console. Originally designed by the same team that designed the SSL E series consoles, the Sony Oxford OXF-R3 console is highly regarded as one of the best sounding consoles ever made. The Sonnox Oxford Dynamics Native plug-in was designed by the same team of sonically obsessed perfectionists. There are three compressor models including linear, normal, and classic styles of compression. The console was a legend in its own time, and the Oxford Dynamics Native brings a legend to your DAW!
Sonnox Oxford Dynamics Native at a Glance:
- Four separate applications
The Oxford Dynamics Native plug-in is modeled after the flexible unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. It offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate, and sidechain EQ functions with full independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time, constant curves, and variable soft compress functions let you tackle all common uses of compression from level control and mastering functions to artistic effects.Four separate applications
The Dynamics section comprises of four separate applications: Compressor, Limiter, Gate, and Expander. Although these applications contain several control types that have common functions, the operation, ranges, and laws of these controls have been optimized carefully for maximum flexibility within the intended specific use of that section. The very wide control ranges offered within the applications are accommodated in the GUI. They use specific control laws that encourage experimentation over a very wide parameter set without the loss of finer control sensitivity and detail. Careful consideration has also been given to the dynamic behavior of the time constants, because this factor is largely responsible for the sonic character of the dynamics application.
Sony Oxford Dynamics Native Features:
- Channel Dynamics Native with separately controlled sections for Compressor, Limiter, Gate, and Expander
- Channel Dynamics Native includes fully featured 2-band sidechain EQ, which can also be used in signal path
- Separate Bus Compressor/Limiter with surround multi-format support, selectable Sub channel filtering, and gain contribution control
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves
- Highly accurate logarithmic sidechain processing
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme program tolerance and highly musical compression
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence, and punch
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations
- Extremely low signal path noise and distortion, below -130dBr
- All functions are fully automated
- AAX (Native, HDX), RTAS, Audio Units, VST formats