Mackie-quality Mixer with FireWire
The Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire recording mixer gives you the power to mix on a familiar, classic analog console while sending audio to your computer via a fast, reliable FireWire interface. Certified by Mackie for use with all major DAW software, the Onyx 820i opens up a new world of options for anyone interested in computer recording. In addition to an ultra-high quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire recording interface, the Onyx 820i mixer offers proven analog features like boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps, classic "British-style" Perkins EQ, and pre/post assignable aux sends, all of which can be flexibly routed via FireWire. The Onyx 820i is a better way to record!Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire Mixer at a Glance:
- Premium-quality mixer with proven components
- 24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface
- Pro features and I/O options
Premium-quality mixer with proven components
The Onyx 820i is, first and foremost, a Mackie mixer. It houses three of Mackie's premium-quality Onyx mic preamps for natural, transparent sound. Its mic/line channels are equipped with 3-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids. Signal routing is easy and flexible. On top of all that, the Onyx 820i is built Mackie-tough.
24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface
The digital side of the Onyx 820i is equally robust. Mackie has tested and certified the Onyx 820i for use with all major DAW software. It allows you to send channels, aux sends, or master L/R signals discretely to your Mac or PC for recording. The Onyx 820i also routes a stereo return from your DAW to a control room or to a channel for further mixing. You'll be impressed by how smoothly the Onyx 820i integrates with your favorite software!
Pro features and I/O options
The Onyx 820i includes the tools you'd expect from a quality mixer. Phantom power is available for each of the three Onyx preamps. The first two channels include DIs for direct connection of guitars and other instruments. A talkback section offers a built-in mic and flexible routing. All in all, the Mackie Onyx 820i is the ideal solution for both mixing and computer recording!
- 8-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
- Three Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 3-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
- 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- Hybrid mono/stereo channel with 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- Stereo playback from DAW, returned to control room or into channel for integration into mix
- 2 aux sends with pre/post assignment
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- Optional rack kit available
- Note: Drivers do not support Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite