Onyx Premium Preamps in a Large Format Mixer!
Mackie's expertise in designing great sounding, ultra-reliable compact mixers goes without saying. They practically built their company on the shoulders of their hallmark blue and red knobs, legendary XDR preamps and VLZ circuitry. Now with the Onyx 2480, Mackie offers a premium large format mixer with all the pro features you could want in a sound reinforcement console.Mackie Onyx 2480 at a Glance:
- 8-bus console built around Mackie's premium Onyx mic preamps
- Comprehensive channel strip for maximum sound flexibility
- Perkins EQ - the "British" sound improved
- Famous Mackie reliability and near-indestructible build
8-bus console built around Mackie's premium Onyx mic preamps
The Onyx 2480 premium analog 8-bus SR console features 24 of Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, acclaimed Perkins EQ, and top-notch electronics throughout, for high-end performance without the high-end price. The Onyx 2480 features an 8-bus design, 8 stereo linkable aux sends, 8 stereo line level returns with EQ, 10x2 matrix mix, 4 mute groups, and all the flexibility and performance you need for professional sound reinforcement.
Comprehensive channel strip for maximum sound flexibility
The Onyx 2480 channel strips feature Mackie's Onyx preamps and offer tons of processing and routing options. Each channel has Perkins 4-band EQ with a true hardware bypass switch. Send channel input to any of 8 auxiliary sends, with Pre/Post fader switching. An auxiliary stereo link makes in-ear monitor sends easy to set up.
- Premium Onyx microphone preamps on every channel
- 4-band Perkins EQ with hardware bypass
- 48V phantom power, mic/line, 100hz high-pass, and polarity switches
- 8 auxiliary sends with Pre/Post switches
- Aux. stereo link feature for IEM applications
- Direct outputs on DB-25 connectors (8 channels per connector)
- 4 segment LED level indicators
- Smooth, long-throw 100mm faders
- Mute, and PFL Solo switches
- Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs, plus 1/4" insert jack
Perkins EQ - the "British" sound improved
The goal for the Onyx 2480 was no short order: a large format analog mixer with more useful features, better sound quality and advanced tonal shaping. To accomplish this Mackie employed their new Perkins EQ circuitry, a "neo classic" 4-band design which gives you the sweet musicality of British EQ with greater filter control and minimum phase shift (plus a true hardware EQ bypass).
Famous Mackie reliability and near-indestructible build
The Onyx 2480 matches Mackie's small format consoles in the "built like a tank" category. It's built for the road, with heavy-duty cabinet and components that can take it. The 100mm Alps channel faders will hold up to thousands of gigs, and the easy-to-read console delivers famous Mackie simplicity. The Onyx 2480 mixer will be your best buddy on the road!
- Premium analog 8-bus sound reinforcement console
- 24 great-sounding, low-noise, high-headroom Onyx mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with high/low shelving and dual sweepable mids on every channel
- Smooth, accurate 100mm Alps faders on channels and groups
- 8 pre/post-switchable, stereo-linkable aux sends - great for in-ear monitor mixes
- 8 stereo aux return channels with 4-band Perkins EQ, 60mm fader and flexible routing
- Two large 12-segment stereo meters dedicated to main output and solo levels
- 4-segment metering on all channels, groups and aux returns
- On-board talkback functionality with extensive routing capability
- Built-in "Real World" power supply 100-240 volts, 50-60Hz, 105W