Mackie Mixer... ON FIRE!
At Mackie, their expertise designing great sounding, ultra-reliable compact mixers goes without saying. They practically built their company on the shoulders of their hallmark blue and red knobs, legendary XDR preamps and VLZ circuitry. So why develop a whole new small-format analog mixer line from scratch?
High-performance analog mixers for the digital era.
The goal for the Onyx Series was no short order: small-format analog mixers with more useful features, better sound quality, advanced tonal shaping and full FireWire connectivity options. To accomplish all this, they assembled a hybrid engineering team led by famed analog engineer Cal Perkins and digital guru Chris Jubien. They also couldn't keep Greg Mackie from adding things as they went along (like 4-segment LED metering on every channel). Two years and almost nine thousand cups of coffee later, they've released the flagship Onyx Series.
Delivering the premium goods.
The Onyx 1220, 1620 and 1640 start with Mackie's new Onyx mic preamps, which meet or surpass just about any standalone mic preamp on the market in terms of pure fidelity and head-room (and yes, there are specs to prove it). Next up is the completely new Perkins EQ circuitry, a "neo classic" 3- and 4-band design which gives you the sweet musicality of British EQ with greater filter control and minimum phase shift (plus a true hardware EQ bypass). This analog brilliance is paired with a full-featured discrete Auxiliary section, a completely redesigned mix bus and summing amp section, and a built-in Talkback section with onboard mic.
The Simplicity of Analog. The Convenience of Digital.
The Onyx [url=http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OnyxFWCard]FireWire I/O Card[/url] is a true first. This 24-bit/96k card bridges the gap between Mackie's flagship Onyx analog mixers and a Mac or PC, giving musicians and engineers a great-sounding and very efficient way to go from analog to digital--without the need for separate converter boxes or interfaces.
- Premium 16-channel/4-bus small-format analog mixer
- 16 new ONYX mic preamps comparable to boutique preamps
- New 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable midrange controls provides warm, musical sound
- 96K FireWire option for streaming 18 independent channels of audio to computer with zero latency input monitoring through mixer
- 2 channels of monitoring from computer via FireWire option card
- 6 Aux sends w/ individual Pre/Post switches and Solo controls
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Built-in Talkback section for use w/ internal or external mic
- True hardware EQ Bypass
- "Planet-Earth" ± power supply
- Linear taper 60mm faders with ultra-smooth response on all channels
- Balanced direct outs for every channel via DB-25 connection
- Selectable Instrument inputs on first two channels.no DI box needed
- Optional rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation