Multichannel DAW Front End!
The Platinum OctoPre is a Focusrite mic preamp featuring eight pristine Focusrite channels. OctoPre routes directly to any digital audio workstation via analog outputs or a new 24-bit/96kHz A/D converter. The OctoPre offers the unique qualities associated with the Focusrite name at an affordable price.Focusrite OctoPre at a Glance:
- Compressor/limiter circuit on every channel
- Award-winning Focusrite mic preamps
- Balanced analog outputs plus optional digital I/O
- Partners with Pro Tools or other workstations
Compressor/limiter circuit on every channel
Each channel also features a compressor / limiter circuit, providing a warm-sounding compressor, which morphs into a brick wall limiter to avoid those critical overs, ensuring total control over all eight channels.
Award-winning Focusrite mic preamps
The mic pres featured in OctoPre are those featured elsewhere in the award winning Focusrite Platinum range. They are a transistor-based Class A design utilizing the same full-bandwidth philosophy as the legendary Red and ISA mic pres, ensuring detail and clarity without coloration. The first two 'super channels' also feature phase reverse, as well as TRS Jack inputs on the front panel for quick and easy, DI-free plug-in.
Balanced analog outputs plus optional digital I/O
Output can be either analog or digital; choices include 8 balanced analog outputs, or an optional A/D, (8 AES, S/PDIF and ADAT lightpipe digital outputs.) An external Word clock input is also provided (BNC connector.) The AES-EBU and S/PDIF format outputs all operate at up to 24bit /96kHz and can run simultaneously with the lightpipe outputs, giving up to 16 channels of digital output for sample rates of 44.1 and 48kHz, at 16, 20 or 24 bit dithered.
Partners with Pro Tools or other workstations
The Platinum Octopre can be used as a partner for your Pro Tools HD or Digi 002 system or any other digital audio workstation, making multi-channel recording easy. It could also add an additional set of mic pres for any analog or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
- Balanced Mic and Line inputs
- Nominal level +4dBu /-10dBV
- TRS Jack (channels one and two only)
- 25-pin D-type 8 channel analog connector
- 8 XLR inputs for Mic
- Phantom Power +48V
- Gain: (mic): 0dB to 60dB; (line): -10dB to +10 dB; (instrument): 0dB to 60dB (Impedance >1M ?)
- Phase Reverse: (1 and 2 only)
- High Pass filter:12dB /octave.-3dB@75Hz
- Dynamics: Limit is fixed at 20dBu
- Compressor threshold and ratio is variable
- Frequency select - Switchable (44.1,48,88.2,96 kHz)
- Dither - 24-, 20-, or 16-bit
- Signal Present: 20dBu
- Over Load: - +22dBu
- Compressor mode - Yellow LED intensity increases with compression
- Hard Limit mode - Red LED on for Limit. Threshold = +20dBu
- Optional 8-channel optical lightpipe for 16-, 20-, or 24-bit ADAT format (up to 48kHz)
- Optional 8 channels of S/PDIF on a 9-pin D-type connector (up to 96kHz)
- Optional 8 channels of AES on the same 9-pin D-type connector (up to 96kHz)