Single Rode NTD Small Diaphragm Condenser Mic
The NT5 is a pencil-type, small-diaphragm, mono condenser mic that was originally offered in matched pairs featuring sequential serial numbers so that they're close to each other all the way through manufacturing. A typical use of the NT5 would be as drum overheads or recording high-hats. We've found that they are detailed and very clear, and with just a tiny bit of compression they sound great. If you prefer the positioning flexibility afforded by a pair of small-diaphragm mics, then the NT5 is an easy choice. If you're lookng for a great-sounding, and very affordable single small-diaphragm condenser mic, the Rode NT5-S is a single NT5. Small-diaphragm condenser mics such as the NT5-S have an even and wider frequency response than large diaphragm condensers, handle higher SPLs, and can more accurately capture instruments with a pronounced high-frequency component (violins, for instance).
Rode NT5-S Specifications:
- Acoustic Principle: Externally polarised single diaphragm
- condenser transducer.
- Capsule Size: 0.5" (13mm).
- Active Electronics: JFET Impedance converter with bipolar
- output buffer.
- Directional Response: Cardioid.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1v/Pa +/- 2 dB equivalent to 12mV/Pa
- where 1 Pa = 94dBSPL.
- Equivalent Noise: <16 dBSPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15).
- Maximum Output: +13.9 dBu @ 1% THD into 1k_
- Dynamic Range: >128 dB.
- Maximum SPL: 143 dB @ 1% THD into 1k_
- Signal to Noise: 78dB.
- Requires phantom power, +38V to +52 V
- P24 Supply (20V-26V) The microphone operates in accordance with the above specifications to a minimum of 18V. (It will operate with some performance degradation below 18V.)
- Packed Weight: 1.8kg (Mic only 100g).
- True condenser transducer
- Gold sputtered 1/2" Capsules
- Heavy duty satin-nickel-plated body
- Low Noise
- Full Frequency Response
- Custom WS5 Wind Shield
- Custom RM5 Stand Mount
- Surface-mount transformerless circuitry
- Requires phantom power