Moog Takes the Electric Guitar Into a Brave New World!
The Moog Guitar Model E1 solidbody electric guitar takes the guitar/strings/pickups concept and applies the unique vision only Moog could conjure, resulting in a truly exciting, innovative axe! The production version of the Moog Guitar includes magnetic and piezo pickups, as well as the stunning integrated Moog Guitar Electronics system, which allows you to conjure amazing sonic textures via sustain and mute modes, as well as a built-in resonant Moog ladder filter. An included foot pedal gives you incredible tone-shaping capabilities while you play the Moog Guitar Model E1!Moog Guitar Model E1 Solidbody Electric Guitar with Moog Electronics at a Glance:
- Great tone and built-in sustain function
- Mute Mode
- Built-in filter for even more fun
Great tone and built-in sustain function
The Moog Guitar is no one-trick pony. It's designed to be played by the best musicians as their primary axe. Though it's great for many styles and tones, this instrument's onboard Moog Guitar Electronics system opens up a whole new musical vocabulary for you, with infinite, powerful sustain at every fret position. You can also select a controlled sustain mode, which allows you to play single lines without muting technique; it sustains the notes you are playing while actively muting the notes you are not playing.
The Mute Mode has never been heard on any guitar; the Moog Guitar's Vo Power stops the strings with the same intensity that it sustains them. Take the combination of sustain and mute and add the ability to blend that power between the neck and bridge pick-ups, suddenly you can pull both subtle and dramatic harmonics from the strings.
Built-in filter for even more fun
As if the sustain and muting technology onboard the Moog Guitar weren't enough, here's more: you can control either resonance or the frequency of the built-in Moog ladder filter using the included foot pedal. The Moog Guitar takes your playing to an entirely new level!
- Full Sustain Mode: Infinite sustain on every string, at every fret position and at any volume. You may have heard sustain before but not with this power (Moog calls it "Vo Power") and clarity.
- Controlled Sustain Mode: Allows you to play sustained single or polyphonic lines without muting technique. The Moog Guitar sustains the notes you are playing while actively muting the strings you are not playing.
- Mute Mode: Removes energy from the strings, resulting in a variety of staccato articulations. The mute mode has never been heard on any other guitar; the Vo Power stops the strings with the same intensity that it sustains them. You feel the instrument transform in your hands.
- Harmonic Blends: Use the included foot pedal to shift the positive energy of Vo Power in Sustain mode and the subtractive force of Vo Power in Mute mode between the bridge and neck pick-ups to pull both subtle and dramatic harmonics from the strings.
- Moog Filter: Control the frequency of the built-in, resonant Moog ladder filter using the foot pedal or a CV Input.
- Vo Power Knob: Controls intensity of sustain and mute. The knob turned fully CW is full Vo Power and fully CCW is no Vo Power.
- Piezo Blend: Blends the piezo bridge pick-up signal into the guitar's output signal.
- Harmonic Balance Knob: Controls the balance of Vo Power between neck and bridge pick-ups. (When the Filter Toggle is in "Tone Control" position, this function is moved to the foot pedal and the Harmonic Balance knob does nothing.)
- Master Volume Knob: Controls overall volume (Moog and piezo pick-ups).
- Tone/Filter Knob: Adjusts the guitar tone when the Filter Toggle is in Tone Control position; adjusts the resonance of the Moog filters in the two Moog Filter Toggle positions.
- Mode Selector Switch: Switches between Mute Mode, Controlled Sustain Mode and Full Sustain Mode
- Filter Toggle Switch: Switches the Moog Filter between a standard guitar Tone Control (toggle away from strings), a Moog Articulated Filter (toggle centered), and a Moog Ladder Filter (toggle towards strings).
- Five Position Pick-up Selector Switch: Neck, In-phase, Out of phase, Bridge, and Piezo. only. (The piezo signal accessed via the Piezo Blend knob passes through the Moog filter; "piezo only" does not.)
- Floor Pedal: Function depends on the setting of the Filter Toggle switch.
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Tone Control" position, the floor pedal controls the harmonic balance. (Forward = high harmonics, Middle = full harmonics, Back = lower harmonics.)
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Moog Articulated Filter" position, the floor pedal controls the filter cutoff frequency that the articulated filter starts with.
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Moog Ladder Filter" position, the foot pedal controls the filter cutoff frequency.
- Guitar: Double-Cutaway, Set-neck
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Body: Solid Alder
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Finish: Butterscotch
- 7 degree angled headstock
- 22 fret neck
- 25 1/2" Scale
- Headstock finished to match body.
- Pickups: 2 custom-designed Moog pickups, Piezo saddles in bridge
- Hardware Finish: Chrome and dark chrome
- Bridge: Wilkinson Tremolo with Graph Tech piezo saddles. Includes locking tuners.
- Strings: Ships with 10-52 Moog Guitar Strings
- Moog Foot Pedal Controller: Controls Harmonic Blend and the frequency response of the Moog Ladder Filter, Powers the Moog Electronics.
- Includes external Control Voltage Input (0 to 5VDC) for use with optional Moog accessories
- Electronics: Moog patented String Control Technology, including Moog Ladder Filter