A Steinway for your computer!
Garritan's Steinway & Sons Authorized Virtual Model D Standard is a virtual instrument that captures the magic that happens inside a Steinway & Sons concert grand piano and puts that great sound in your computer. This library boasts unparalleled accuracy and the Standard edition offers two different perspectives to find the perfect sound for your project. The piano sampled for Garritan's Steinway & Sons Authorized Virtual Model D Standard is one of Steinway's finest Model D pianos, newly voiced, regulated, and tuned by an expert technician. Tap into one of the greatest pianos sounds of all time with Garritan's Steinway & Sons Authorized Virtual Model D Standard.Garritan's Steinway & Sons Authorized Virtual Model D Standard at a Glance:
- The sound
- The location
- Perfectly tuned
- Sound perspectives
At the heart of the Authorized Steinway Piano sample library is the sound of the instrument. To realize the full, rich essence of a Steinway piano, extreme care was taken in the recording process. The Steinway concert grand piano that was recorded is one of Steinway's finest Model D pianos, newly voiced, regulated, and tuned by an expert technician. The perfect instrument was hand-picked by Steinway & Sons and delivered to the concert hall for recording. The site for the recording was also selected by Steinway, and the choice was clear.
Not many are aware that one of the greatest concert halls in the world is located in downtown Troy, New York. The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is a National Treasure and is world-renowned for its acoustics, particularly for piano performances. Designed by George Brown Post, and opened in 1875, the 1,250 seat Troy Savings Bank Music Hall has hosted many of the world's finest pianists including Steinway artists: Sergei Rachmaninoff, Vladimir Horowitz, Ignacy Jan Paderewski, Myra Hess, and Artur Rubinstein, among many others. The wonderfully strong, rich and clear sound of this concert hall is unparalleled.
Steinway & Sons provided one of their best concert technicians for the recording sessions. Eric Shandall, Administrator of Technical Training, attended all the sessions monitoring each note to ensure the best possible sound from the instrument. Eric Shandall has traveled extensively giving classes for technicians, and tuning for concerts by Steinway artists such as Evgeny Kissin and others. Classical recording engineer Brian C. Peters was in charge of recording. Peters brings over 18 years of classical recording experience - including over 400 records for the award-winning audiophile record label Dorian Records.
- A classical recording perspective
- An under-the-lid perspective
- Created in partnership with Steinway & Sons
- The very finest concert grand piano - the Steinway Model D Concert Grand hand-picked by Steinway & Sons
- Overseen by Steinway & Sons' most accomplished master technician
- Sustain/Sostenuto/Soft pedal support
- Proportional sustain pedaling
- Multiple-stage tracking release triggers to provide the natural release of the hammer from the string
- Sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules
- Adjustable mechanical noises
- Adjustable velocity curves
- Recorded soft pedal samples including releases
- Adjustable polyphony
- A variety of historical tunings and Scala file import
- Aria Sample Player by Plogue included
- MIDI playback and record in standalone
- Ambience reverb and 3 band EQ
- Graceful Copy Protection (no dongles or challenge response)