Twice the EQ - Half the Coloration!
Manley's Massive Passive is an equalization monster. You can expect the best strengths of Pultec-style equalizers as well as choice console, parametric, and graphic EQs - all the radical shaping you'll need for the most demanding of sessions as well as the delicate, subtle shadings needed for vocals and mastering. The 2-channel, 4-band Massive Passive features a passive tone-shaping portion of the equalizer design and uses only the best components, for its ultimately huge, high-headroom performance. Offering incredible sculpting abilities, without all the coloration, the Massive Passive may well be your last equalizer.
Manley Massive Passive Equalizer at a Glance:
- Premium design with passive components
- 2-channel, 4-band EQ for everything from the radical to the subtle
- Five steep highpass filters and four steep lowpass filters
Premium design with passive components
As you can expect from Manley, no corners were cut with the design of the Massive Passive, and there's no unnecessarily complicated circuit - Massive Passive features basic passive components and uses only metal film resistors, film capacitors, and hand-wound inductors to sculpt the sound. And thanks to its more natural design, you can expect more natural, organic tone.
2-channel, 4-band EQ for everything from the radical to the subtle
The Massive Passive equalizer excels at everything from the drastic shaping needed for tracking to the most subtle of shadings needed for affecting vocal tracks or the whole mix. Although different in nature, its 2-channel, 4-band design offers a tremendous amount of sonic sculpting, incorporating the best strengths of Pultecs, choice console EQs, graphic equalizers, and parametric equalizers - but it doesn't throw color all over the audio. Get creative with it, or get logical and surgical with it - the Manley Massive Passive is ready to make the most of whatever you toss its way.
Five steep highpass filters and four steep lowpass filters
The Manley Massive Passive is packed with five highpass filters and four lowpass filters, and you can bypass either or both. The filters are steep, so you can pull out the junk without touching the real music. It's also great-sounding when combined with other bands. Ultimately, Manley went for "what's useful" when designing the Massive Passive, not "what's standard" - it's a welcome design departure that produces seriously massive results.
- All-Passive tone sculpting circuitry
- Unique Shelf curves use the "bandwidth" control
- Overlapping and Interleaved Frequency choices
- Every band switchable to shelf or bell
- Vacuum tube make-up gain and line drivers
- Parallel symmetrical topology
- Premium components throughout
- HP and LP Filters plus gain trims
- Ins & Outs Balanced XLR & 1/4" (accepts unbalanced)
- Level +4 dBu nominal, internal switches for -10 operation
- Bypass Switch bypasses EQ & tube circuits (not hardwire)
- 44 Frequencies (roughly 1/4 octave spacing)
- Frequency Range: 22 Hz to 27 Khz
- EQ Boost/Cut Range : 20 dB boost, 20 dB cut
- Nominal Q range: 1.5 to 3 (uniquely active in shelf modes)
- Frequency Response: +/- 2 dB: 8 Hz to 60 KHz
- Maximum Output @ 1.5% THD +37 dBv; +26dBv @ 20 Hz
- THD & Noise (1KHz @ +4 dBu): 0.06%
- Noise Floor (referred to +4dBu): -85 dB (A Weight)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Tube Complement: 2 x 12AX7 EH, 4 x 6414 for serial MSMPX### after 2/2004
- Tube Complement: 2 x 5751, 4 x 6414 for serial MSMP### until 2/2004
- Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 72 watts
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Size (3U): 19" x 5.25" x 10"
- Weight: Unit 21 lbs.