A baby grand piano that will never go out of tune.
If you are looking for the ultimate in digital pianos, the Mark 152 is your only choice. A digital piano designed in an authentic Young Chang grand piano cabinet, the Mark 152 offers the features of the Mark 12 in a grand cabinet. It includes SRS "3D Stereo Sound". SRS offers a stunning surround-sound effect without the need for additional speakers - a dramatic improvement in sound quality and projection that will revolutionize the way you expect a digital piano to sound. Other features include sustain, sostenuto, and soft pedals, a Boston-style fallboard, and an 88-note weighted keyboard with three degree tilt, just like the finest concert grand pianos. And its comfortable and supportive grand piano bench opens for storage.Kurzweil Mark 152 at a Glance:
- Many New Sounds And Styles
- Unique, Exciting Features
- Now Anyone Can Play The Mark 152
- Unique Programmable Drawbar Organ
- The Head of the Mark Series Family
- An Outstanding Audio System
Many New Sounds And Styles
In addition to SRS, the Mark 152 includes 325 unequaled sampled sounds that maintain the Kurzweil tradition of the finest sound quality in the industry. The Mark 12 features a superb Concert Grand Piano; new French Horns; snare drum with brushes; harmon-muted trumpet; arpeggiated or solo harp; pizzicato strings; banjo; nylon string guitar and hundreds more sounds on which the best composers and arrangers in the music business rely. In addition, the Mark 152 offers 64 user-editable auto-accompaniment styles. We hired some of the best arrangers working today to create the most realistic sounding styles on ANY digital instrument. These styles are undoubtedly the finest Kurzweil has ever produced. We've made it so easy to use that Mark 152 owners can even create their own styles.
Unique, Exciting Features
The Mark12's display provides easy-to-read, "no jargon" text, with intuitive menu choices. Its a snap to use everything the Mark 12 offers. With the Mark 12, it's easy to find the sound you want. Simply push a button to get to your favorite instrument, or press the "menu select" button for a list of sounds related to the category you've chosen. And with the Mark 12's disk drive, you don't have to wait while a song loads from a disk - the Mark 12 can read a song directly from the disk and play it - like a CD player. And just like a CD player, you can play songs in order or randomly shuffle-play them. The Mark12's innovative Edu-Games feature encourages everyone to have fun by sharpening their skills while learning important musical concepts. Edu-Games include harmonic, melodic and rhythmic ear training games. There is also a scale tester and chord dictionary which helps you learn your scales and chords. This is a $400 additional software package everywhere else. We build it into the Mark 12!
Now Anyone Can Play The Mark 152
This exclusive feature means exactly what it says: ANYONE can play. The Mark 152 makes every note sound right. Use Anyone Can Play with auto-accompaniments; or Kurzweil's Interactive Music Disk Collection. With Anyone Can Play, even a non-musician can get full enjoyment from the Mark 152. The Mark 152 features an easy to use 16-track recorder/sequencer. The Mark 152's Flash ROM insures against system obsolescence. As Kurzweil develops new and better software, Flash ROM offers you permanent system upgrades - and they're free!
Unique Programmable Drawbar Organ
The Mark 152's Drawbar Organ feature enables you to program and save your own custom organ registrations. Unlike other instruments which limit you to a fixed number of organ presets, the Mark 152's organ is limitless. If you are a church musician or a jazz player, this is the digital ensemble for you. Like the highly successful Mark 150, the Mark 152 is available in a variety of Real Wood Finishes to complement any decor. The cabinet and audio system have been custom co-designed with world-renowned Boston Acoustics to provide the finest sounding digital ensemble you have ever heard.
The Head Of the Mark Series Family
As the Flagship of Kurzweil's Mark Series and in keeping with Kurzweil's desire to present a continuous line of quality digital instruments, all sequences, song disks, style disk and SoundByte libraries created for or on the Mark 10, Mark 150, and Mark 150 Plus will work perfectly on the Mark 152.
An Outstanding Audio System
Both Kurzweil and the Mark Series have long-standing reputations for superb audio quality. In the Mark 152, Kurzweil's dedication to perfection is taken to its greatest extent, with a combination of acclaimed sounds and a sophisticated audio system. The Mark 152 literally fills the room with rich, beautiful, instrumental sounds. The audio system features seven independent amplifiers and speakers, custom-designed to emulate a real acoustic grand piano - with the lid opened or closed - so effectively that it is almost impossible for listeners to believe that they are not hearing an acoustic instrument. The Mark 152 also features transposition and tuning functions; continuous volume, bass and treble controls; and two headphone jacks.
- 325 Selectable Sounds
- 21 pianos (acoustic, rock, and ragtime), 10 electric pianos
- 3 harpsichords, 9 pipe organs, and 10 jazz and rock organs
- 3 clavichords
- 2 celestes
- 16 basses (acoustic, electric, and synth)
- 9 acoustic guitars, 3 banjos, 16 jazz and rock guitars
- 20 string sections, 8 choirs, 2 solo violins, viola, 2 cellos, contrabass
- 12 flutes, 4 clarinets, 3 bassoons, 2 oboes, english horn, 5 trumpets, 2 trombones, 2 french horns, 2 tubas, 11 brass sections
- Soprano sax, 2 alto saxes, 2 tenor saxes, 2 baritone saxes
- 4 vibraphones, 3 marimbas, 6 other mallet instruments
- Accordion, harmonica, bells, plus a wide variety of ethic/world instruments
- Synth brass, ensembles, orchestral ensembles, pads, leads, synth effects, and sound effects
- Over 100 jazz, rock, and latin percussion instruments are accessible in 17 selectable keyboard arrangements
- Any 2 sounds may be layered and their relative volumes adjusted
- Any sound can be split with one of 4 basses (acoustic, electric, and synth), plus two user-definable sounds
- User selectable split point
- Independent octave transposition of each side of split over a +/- 5 octave range
- Split and Layer functions can be combined
- 880 Reverb and Effects Combinations
- General MIDI mode for playing GM sequences
- Flash ROM allows for updating of the Operating System via disk
- Independent volume and mute controls for accompaniment (drums, bass, and three accompaniment parts)
- Basic, Advanced, Chord Inversion, and Full Keyboard recognition modes, plus chord hold feature
- Recorder/Sequencer: Stores up to 16 songs, 16 tracks per song
- Punch-In, Loop, Merge, and Quantize functions
- Internal/External Sync for hook up with other sequencers
- Records and plays back auto-accompaniment performances
- Can play Standard MIDI Files and can read and convert disks from Yamaha PianoSoft and Disk Orchestra Libraries, plus PianoDisc Music Library
- Disk Drive: 1.4MB floppy drive for loading and saving songs, styles, and sounds
- 9 Panel Storage Memories store and recall complete front panel settings
- Premium Audio System, jointly designed with Boston Acoustics.
- 200 watt quad amplification system (1x80 watts for 12" sub-woofer, 2x20 watts for 6.5" mid-range, 2x20 watts for 5" midrange, 2x20 watts for 1" tweeters).
- Volume, treble, and bass sliders.
- Headphone jack, two RCA audio in and four RCA audio out jacks (2 switched by headphone and 2 unswitched).
- 88 note weighted two piece action
- 32 voice polyphony MIDI In, Out and Thru jacks. Complete MIDI implementation. 16 channel multitimbral.
- Full Transposition; Tuning Adjust +/- 50 cents
- 3 pedals (sustain, sostenuto, soft)
- Sliding key cover and moveable music rack.
- Pitch Bend ribbon
- Matching bench.
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 39.75" x 58.25" x 59"
- Weight: 510 lbs.