The Timeless Sound of Monel Strings!
Back in the '70s, after Martin Guitars stopped producing Monel acoustic guitar strings, legendary Bluegrass artist Tony Rice was never quite as happy with the sound of his 1935 D28 (an instrument originally owned by Clarence White). Now Tony Rice and the brilliant engineers at Martin have worked together to re-create this famous lost nickel alloy. Like the many historically accurate Martin acoustic guitars you'll find here at Sweetwater, these strings capture the beauty and simplicity of a bygone age. Grab a set of these MTR13 Tony Rice Bluegrass acoustic guitar strings, and experience the lush and clear sound that many longtime players describe as "broken in right out of the box."
Martin MTR13 Tony Rice Bluegrass Acoustic Guitar Strings Features:
- Sweet-sounding acoustic guitar strings perfect for bluegrass, americana, and more
- Developed by Martin Guitars with bluegrass guitar legend Tony Rice
- Made from the coveted nickel alloy called Monel, which was discontinued in the '70s
- Allows the natural woody sounds of your guitar to stand out
- Feels natural and sounds nicely broken in, right out of the box