Looks worse, but sounds better than FA
In addition to this MOXF6, I own both the Roland FA-06 and the Motif XF8. I recently sold the FA-06 because the MOXF6 is better. It's not as flashy as the Roland (Roland has a color screen, nice industrial deisgn) but the sound selection and quality on the MOXF6 is just better.
Plus, you can expand the instrument adding (your own!) waveforms via the flash board so it's never obsolete. While you can also update instruments on the FA (Axial), it's only programmable by Roland, and at some point they'll stop pushing content out.
However, I think the biggest decision to make between this and the FA06 is your style of music. If you are more into acoustic/real instruments, the Yamaha is the only choice. Look, the FA sounds fine, but Yamaha's acoustic "real" instruments are just better than the Roland. Listen for yourself to make your final decision!
- the keyboard is non-weighted but still feels pretty good, and the keys are not 100% shiny; the black keys are slightly textured which is nice
- boots in a few seconds (Motif XF takes 1m)
- incredible integration with a DAWs -- like, astonishingly great.
- same sound engine + ROM as the Motif XF
- a button for everything (GREAT!!!)
- Screen is tiny and black and white.... but ... I never found it too difficult to navigate
- the voice save *files* aren't 100% compatible with the XF which is a HUGE pain, Google for this one.
- too light weight, moves around sometimes while you're playing it
- rotary knobs have detents