The Product of Over 50 Years of German Engineering!
When you need your mics to give you exactly what they get, count on Schoeps. When combined with a Schoeps microphone amplifier, the MK 5 provides a classic cardioid pickup pattern which is switchable to omni. In cardioid mode, the MK 5 is suitable for a wide range of recording applications. The MK 5's flat frequency response makes it a very versatile performer, and the audio captured is free of coloration, whether it's picked up from the front or the sides. In omnidirectional mode, you get a natural sound with extended low-frequency response. The MK 5 is a unique capsule that will expand the capabilities of you CMC 6 microphone body exponentially!
Schoeps microphones are among the most respected in the industry. Since 1948, Schoeps microphones have benefitted from innovative German engineering and an ongoing quest for transparency. Their unique designs and impeccable audio characteristics have earned Schoeps microphones a loyal following in classical music and audio for TV and film. With Schoeps microphones, any studio can bolster their microphone locker, adding mics that are not only sonically excellent but steeped in a rich history. When it's time to upgrade your rig, don't settle for microphones that fall short. Reach for Schoeps.Schoeps MK 5 Microphone Capsule Features at a Glance:
- Switchable Omni/Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz (omni), 40Hz-20kHz (cardioid)
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa (omni), 13 mV/Pa (cardioid)
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 14dB-A (omni), 15 dB-A (cardioid)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 26dB (omni), 24dB (cardioid)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 80dB-A (omni), 79dB-A (cardioid)
- Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 133dB-SPL (omni), 132dB-SPL (cardioid)