An Updated Modern Eagle!
For years, the PRS Modern Eagle has been a "holy grail" to legions of guitarists. And here, the ME Quatro takes that coveted PRS design over the top. This beauty features an exquisitely carved figured maple top, artist-grade maple in fact, for equally striking appearance and tone. The ME Quatro's mahogany back complements the maple while the latest 53/10 humbucking pickups bring this guitar's rich, sustaining tone to your amplifier of choice.
As you'd hope for on a first-class PRS, the ME Quatro features those distinctive bird inlays all the way down the Dalbergia fingerboard. Another cool feature is the "Pattern" neck shape on the ME Quatro, an updated version of the popular PRS "Wide Fat" carve that's a throwback to Paul's pre-factory days. This is a modification of the shape Paul used on custom guitars for Santana, Frampton, and a slew of top players. To top it all off, the PRS ME Quatro hollowbody guitar features the PRS "V12" finish introduced at Experience PRS 2010. It's a thin, hard, clear finish that won't crack or react with thinners. In fact, the "12" in the name stands for the nearly 12 years of development that went into it. Think of it as somewhere between acrylic and nitro, but with a classic feel that's all its own. Long story short? You're going to fall in love with the Paul Reed Smith ME Quatro.Paul Reed Smith ME Quatro Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple Artist Grade Top
- Top Binding: Natural Binding
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Select Dalbergia
- Fretboard Wood: Bound Select Dalbergia
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Inlays: MEII Birds w/ mother-of-pearl and Paua Heart
- Headstock Inlay: mother-of-pearl and Paua Heart Eagle
- Bridge: Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS 14:1 Phase II low mass locking tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "Quatro"
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Treble Pickup: 53/10
- Bass Pickup: 53/10
- Pickup Switching: Volume and push/pull tone control with 5-way blade pickup selector