Now You Can Mix Video DJ-style!
The motion dive .tokyo performance package is a collaboration between Digitalstage, creators of motion dive .tokyo, and Edirol. Edirol has enhanced the already famous motion dive .tokyo software by adding MIDI functionality and designing a unique USB powered hardware controller that mirrors the software interface. The combined pieces create a new and exciting way to perform visuals in real time.Edirol motion dive.tokyo performance package at a Glance:
- Allows DJ-style video mixing
- Use with Quicktime, AVI, MPEG, Flash, or other formats
- Play and remix visuals along to music
- Compatible with Roland V-LINK equipment
DJ Style Visual Performance
Just like taking two music tracks and fading them back and forth, scratching or adding effects, the idea is the same on the motion dive. Use the smooth A/B Fader to alternate between channel A and B, scratch the clips rhythmically with the Scratch Buttons, and use the Control Knobs to control color EQ effects and the BPM. Selecting video clips are quick by dragging and dropping them to the A and B output channels, or by using the large dial and channel buttons on the controller.
Wide File Support
motion dive can import QuickTime movies and most picture formats from digital cameras. It also supports AVI and MPEG files, as well as Macromedia Flash contents. It can even playback AIFF/WAV/MP3 audio files on the computer's hard disk. To get you started right away, motion dive comes with a video library created by several top professional VJ artists.
Audio and Visual Collaboration
With motion dive, you can play and remix the visuals along to the music, and then record and playback your visual performance as one piece of artwork. For this bundled package, motion dive can receive MIDI messages, therefore you can connect an electronic instrument to the controller unit, and perform the music and visuals at the same time. For instance, you can program your music and your clip sequences on a separate sequencer, and control visual effects from your instrument.
V-LINK for Complete Integration
Its also compatible to Roland/Edirol V-LINK instrument such as Fantom-X series keyboards, MC-909 sampling groovebox, SP-606 sampling workstation, and Edirol PCR series (PCR-30/50/80/M1/M30/M50/M80/A30) MIDI keyboards for triggering video clips and controlling effects. By activating the V-LINK function on the instrument, pre-programmed settings are called up for instant integration with motion dive. Custom parameter settings can also be done in the V-LINK mode on the instrument. This is the future of the new visual performance art scene!
- Hardware/software combination for DJ-style video mixing
- USB (MIDI) computer connection and MIDI IN port for use with other controllers
- Controllers: A/B Fader, A/B Switch Button, Active Window Select Button x 6, Break Down Button, Total Fader Control Knob, Visual Plug-In Control Knob, Assignable Control Knob x 2, BPM Sync Button x 2, OFF Button x 2, Scratch Button x 2, Active Window Assign Button x 6, Clip Select Dial, Enter Button, Library Select Button x 2
- USB Bus Power
- Works with Mac OS 9 and OS X, Windows Me, 200, XP