PRS Continues the Legacy
Ted McCarty stands out among the few great guitar makers in the history of the instrument for the ability he had to embrace new ideas and to recognize genius when he saw it. In the spirit of McCarty's contribution to the golden age of the electric guitar, Paul Reed Smith honors his legacy with the PRS McCarty 58 solidbody electric guitar. The McCarty 58 demonstrates some of PRS's most exciting innovations to date, including the revolutionarily V12 finish, which offers incredible protection to the guitar, brings out the luster of its Artist-grade flame maple top, and gives it a worn-in feel that makes it a pleasure to play.
Another new and exciting feature of the McCarty 58 is its unique Pattern-style neck, which is an updated Wide Fat PRS carve. This neck shape more closely resembles the pre-factory necks Paul Reed Smith used in the custom instruments he built for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, and Howard Leese back in the '70s and mid '80s. The 1957/2008 pickups on the PRS McCarty 58 are yet another tribute to the man behind the modern humbucking tone. These 'buckers give the McCarty 58 an absolutely gorgeous classic tonality that you'll appreciate as soon as you plug it in. From its classical beauty to its fantastic modern tone, the PRS McCarty 58 does more than honor a guitar legend, it continues his legacy.PRS McCarty 58 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Exquisite appointments make this McCarty as collectible as it is playable
- Phase III locking tuners are super-smooth and very durable
- Push/pull tone control lets you alter the tone of each pickup individually, or both simultaneously, for virtually unlimited tonal options
- Mahogany body with a PRS stoptail bridge is a recipe for big sustain
- Mahogany neck with binding plays as smooth as it looks