A Discreet Overhead Mic Package!
The MicroBoom MB5050 gives you the Audix 50" MicroBoom arm with their high-quality MB5050 mini hypercardioid condenser mic - a great all-in-one package for overhead stage miking of orchestras and choirs, ambient room miking, drum-miking, and more. The boom in the MicroBoom MB5050 package can be used in either a horizontal or a vertical position, while the upper end of the boom holds a mini-XLR connector to securely hold the mic in place. The mic has a built-in low noise preamplifier so no bulky external supply is needed. If you want a clean, professional, and elegant miking solution, you'll find it with the Audix MicroBoom MB5050.
The Audix M5050 delivers superb sound. It has a fully integrated preamp and detachable cable, as well as strong shielding from interference. It's a great overhead mic for choir and group vocals, on acoustic instruments, for ambient room miking, symphonic area miking, speech presentations, cymbals, and more.
The MicroBoom arm combines with the M1250 condenser microphone to become an ideal solution for discreet, overhead miking. This 50-inch carbon fiber boom attaches to any microphone stand, and it weighs in at only 2.5 ounces. Carbon fiber is one of the most lightweight and durable materials on the planet - which is why it's being used to make parts for race bikes, aerospace crafts, motorcycles, and more. The MicroBoom is certainly discrete, but it's also rugged - it has a mini-XLR connector to securely hold the microphone in place while high-quality Mogami cable is used internally to deliver excellent sound to the bottom of the boom, where a mini-XLR male connector awaits.
Audix MicroBoom MB5050 Features at a Glance:
- Less than .3 inches diameter
- 2.5 ounces
- 50" length
- Made of Carbon Fiber
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1k: 7.8 mV/ Pa (-42 dbV +/-1.5 dB)
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 1000 ohms
- Signal/Noise Ratio (A-weighted): 73 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 21 dB
- Maximum SPL @ .5% THD: 150 dB
- Dynamic Range: 129 dB
- Power Requirements: 48 - 52 V
- Connector: 3 pin mini-XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Housing / Finish: Brass / paint
- Weight: .6 oz / 17 grams
- Length: 1.97 inches / 50 mm