Huge Bass Power from Mesa/Boogie!
The Mesa/Boogie M9 Carbine builds on the success of the M6 Carbine, providing that signature Carbine sound while pounding out even more wattage. It incorporates the same time-tested combination of custom-designed MOSFETs that are used in the other Mesa/Boogie bass amps, but this guy incorporates a different preamp and driver section for a new feel, not to mention more attitude. A 9-band EQ and onboard compressor offer further tone-shaping capabilities. Craft bass tones that punch through even the most cluttered mixes with the M9 Carbine from Mesa/Boogie!
Mesa/Boogie M9 Carbine 600-watt Rackmountable Bass Head at a Glance:
- Bigger is better
- 9-band EQ for tone shaping
- Controlled dynamics with onboard compressor
- Take to the stage
Bigger is better
Bassists are always looking for more power, and purveyors of the low-end from the world over responded overnight to the clarity, attack, and definition of the M6's Trans-Class all-tube preamp and MOSFET power. They loved that it's easy to dial in the perfect sound and yet offers all the versatility they need via the power of the rotary voice feature. Add substantially more power and endow the preamp with a full set of studio-quality EQ and dynamic features and you've got the M9 Carbine. With a mighty 600 watts (into 4 ohms) of Trans-Class power that can harness all that energy within two rackspaces, the Carbine speed, punch, and detail can now be delivered at big-venue volume levels and leave all but the bravest souls with ample headroom in reserve.
9-band EQ for tone shaping
Are you a control freak? A studio-quality graphic EQ spreads the sound-shaping power across 9-bands ranging from 33Hz to 8Khz for ultimate fine-tuning. The 9-band graphic EQ features long-throw faders that can be put in-line all the time or triggered via the included footswitch. The EQ also incorporates a voice defeat feature that can turn off a selected voice mode when the 9-band EQ is triggered by the footswitch. This gives you instant access to an additional sound during performance.
Controlled dynamics with onboard compressor
Bassists frequently use an outboard compressor to help manage their dynamics, and the M9 Carbine makes this process even easier thanks to the inclusion of an onboard compressor. A full-featured compressor gives you complete control of dynamics and includes threshold control for sensitivity adjustment and ratio for gain reduction. The compressor features both threshold and ratio controls for studio-quality processing. Fine-tune both the attack characteristics and the amount of gain reduction with these powerful controls that interface seamlessly to the M9 Carbine's toneful preamp. Command the band to a new level of groove!
Take to the stage
Live performance is enhanced with the ability to add the 9-band graphic EQ on the fly, giving you a second sound on command. Plus, the tuner mute allows silent tuning.
Your new Mesa/Boogie amp is protected by Mesa/Boogie's transferable warranty: five years on the electronics, three years for speakers, and six months for tubes.Mesa/Boogie M9 Carbine 600-watt Rackmountable Bass Head Features:
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Rackmountable - 2U
- 600 watts at 2 or 4 ohms
- 10 power MOSFETs and 1 x 12AX7
- Active/passive input switch
- Vacuum tube preamplifier
- Controls include gain, active bass with pull deep, passive mid, 5-position active mid-voicing switch, active treble, and master volume with pull mute
- Footswitchable, assignable, or bypassable 9-band graphic EQ with mid-voice active/defeat switch
- Tuner output with footswitchable amplifier mute
- FX loop with automatic hard bypass to completely remove when not in use
- Balanced XLR line-out with pre/post switch and ground lift
- 2 combination speakON/1/4" speaker output jacks
- Fan cooling
- 2-button footswitch (EQ and mute)
- Important Notice for International Customers: Mesa/Boogie products sold by Sweetwater are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any Mesa/Boogie products outside of the US.