Pure Tone from This Collectible Martin!
The Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition is the result of collaboration between two guitar perfectionists - Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Steve Earle and renowned New York guitar expert Matt Umanov. Tonewoods are paramount to the Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition that wears a revered Italian alpine spruce top with warm East Indian rosewood back and sides. This gorgeous acoustic's low profile neck comprises pure mahogany while its headplate, fingerbaord, and bridge comprise East Indian rosewood. Both Earle and Umanov have personally signed the Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition's interior label.Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition 6-string Acoustic Guitar at a Glance:
- Honors American singer-songwriter Steve Earle
- Built for incredible tone
- Style M-21 - a blend of Style 18 and Style 28
- Personally signed interior label
Honors American singer-songwriter Steve Earle
Steve Earle has given us music from a broad range in styles - from country to bluegrass to rock - but is perhaps most adored for his contribution to American Folk music. Nominated for an incredible thirteen Grammy Awards - and multiple winner of Best Contemporary Folk Album - Earle is a true singer-songwriter whose impacting songs have since been covered by other such luminaries as Emmylou Harris, Johnny Cash, and countless others.
Built for incredible tone
The Martin M-Series is Earle's choice for touring, ever since Matt Umanov introduced him to the body style. When Earle and Umanov went to work they kept tone foremost in their minds and gave the Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition an Italian alpine spruce top - revered for its clear, rich tone - along with 5/16" forward-shifted scalloped top bracing to enhance the guitar's balance and responsiveness. The back and sides of this acoustic are East Indian rosewood contributing its own warmth and power. The low profile neck is carved from genuine mahogany while the headplate, fingerbaord, and bridge are all East Indian rosewood.
Style M-21 - a blend of Style 18 and Style 28
Like Martin Style 21s of the past, the M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition blends Style 18 and Style 28 appointments, plus a few unique to Style 21. The Style 18 rosette and Style 28 checkerboard backstrip blend beautifully with the subtle Style 21 top and back purfling and tortoise-color binding. The polished headplate frames the old style gold C. F. Martin logo decal and Waverly nickel tuners while butterbean buttons give the headstock a decidedly "old school" look. The fingerboard features Style 21 "Doppler dot" (progressively smaller) position markers from the 5th to the 17th frets, and the "black with white dots" bridge pins and end pin are also Style 21.
Personally signed interior label
Coupling the Martin M-21 Steve Earle Custom Edition's history with its superb craftsmanship, there's no question this guitar is a true beauty. Adding to their collectability, each of these signature M-21s contain interior labels personally signed by both Steve Earle and Matt Umanov, numbered in sequence.
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: M (0000) - 14 Fret
- Top: Solid Italian Alpine Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Delmar Tortoise Color - Brown
- Binding: Tortoise Color - Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Total Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Finish Back and Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Body material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge and End Pins: Black w/ White Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Included Case: 600 Series Molded - Slate Gray