Top-of-the-Line Neumann Mic!
The Neumann M 147 tube condenser microphone is absolutely top-of-the-line, the ideal cardioid microphone for the fully professional recording studio. Its transformerless output, low self noise and high dynamic range are the result of proven Neumann components and modern construction.Neumann M 147 Tube Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Highly sensitive mic for capturing the "air" around instruments or vocals
- Legendary K 47 capsule offers full frequency response
- Tube-based impedance converter and transformerless output for low self noise
This cardioid mic captures the "air"
Part of the M 147's appeal comes from its extreme sensitivity - 20mV/Pa - that allows it to capture the ambience of a sound. It's spatial characteristics are so refined, you'll wonder if you hung a stereo mic by mistake! The M 147 can translate any sound's special qualities onto a recording, making it an excellent microphone for acoustic guitar or bass, horns and any kind of vocals. But don't stop there - you can put the M 147 up against an instrument amplifier and get outstanding results, too!
A classic capsule for the best sound reproduction
At the heart of the M 147 is the famous K 47 capsule, familiar to Neumann users from the popular U 47 and U 47 FET mics. The M 147 also features a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz. Recognized by pros worldwide as one of the finest mics available, the M 147 is a must-have tool for vocalists and an extremely welcome addition to any sophisticated studio setup.
Tube design plus transformerless output
Following the M 147's capsule is a tube impedance converter. Then comes a Neumann-standard efficient, transformerless output circuit that guarantees an extremely low self-noise level. This innovative combination of current tube technology with the most advanced solid-state circuitry was recognized with a 1997 TEC Award to the M 147's sister M 149 mic.
The M 147 Tube can feed extremely long microphone cables without affecting the quality of the audio signal. Like all Neumann tube microphones, the M 147 Tube comes with an elegant satin nickel finish.Neumann M 147 Tube Condenser Microphone Features:
- No-compromise large-diaphragm condenser mic
- Famous Neumann K 47 capsule with single polar pattern (cardioid)
- Ideal for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Signal/Noise ratio 82 dB (DIN/IEC 651)
- Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz
- M 149 tube impedance converter
- Transformerless output for low self noise and high dynamic range
- High quality aluminum case, mic cable and compact universal power supply included