SoundTech LightSnake USB Intelligent Instrument Cable
The SoundTech LightSnake makes it easy for anyone who'd like to experience computer recording, to do so without the need for an audio interface. and the steep learning curve associated with them. Great for recording your bass, keyboard or other electronic instrument directly into a laptop (or PC), the SoundTech LightSnake is an intelligent instrument-to-PC cable with embedded analog to digital converter and signal booster. The SoundTech LightSnake has an integrated audio Interface. One end is a 1/4" instrument jack, the other is USB. 10 feet long. The ends glow green when the SoundTech LightSnake is being used.SoundTech LightSnake at a Glance:
- 1/4" to USB cable with embedded A/D converter can record directly onto your computer
- USB plug-n-play connection
- embedded 16-bit analog to digital converter with audio signal boost
- Ends glow when connected and flash when sound is being transmitted
- packaged with a DVD that contains 30 day trial versions of all of Sony Media Software titles.
Sound Card on a Cable
This LightSnake cable is a 1/4" to USB cable which is ideal for guitars or other musical instruments. The LightSnake instrument cable is basically a "sound card on a cable" and with this cable you can record audio directly onto your computer. Connect the 1/4" mono plug of the LightSnake cable to your instrument and then connect the USB end to one of your computers USB ports.
USB Plug-n-play Connection
This is a true USB plug-n-play connection. No additional drivers are needed for the following operating systems - Win 98 SE / Win ME / Win 2000 /Win XP and Mac OS9 / OS X. An ASIO driver is forthcoming for recording software that implements this technology.
Embedded 16-Bit Analog to Digital Converter
The SoundTech LightSnake's embedded 16-bit Analog to Digital Converter with audio signal boost ensures extremely low audio loss and 48 KHz Sampling Rate provides you with high audio quality while recording. The HSDL (Host Side Data Loss) Noise Reduction function prevents any unwanted noise when converting the audio signal to digital format and saving to your computer.
Live when Lit
The LightSnake features SoundTech's patented "Live when Lit" technology cable ends that glow when connected properly and flash indicating when sound is being transmitted. The simplicity of these cables and their price point make the digital recording arena accessible to every one.
30-day Sony Media Software Demos
The cables are packaged with a DVD that contains 30-day trial versions of all of Sony Media Software titles, including Sound Forge, Acid, Vegas, etc. This addition makes the cable a complete solution right out of the box.
- Digital quality sound input without the need for a sound card
- Embedded A/D chip technology with audio signal boost eliminates the need for additional signal conversion devices
- Patented "Live when Lit" technology cable lights up indicating when sound is being transmitted
- 10-foot heavy-duty shielded cable
- Includes 1/4" to Mini Adaptor and 1/4" Male to Dual 1/4" Female Splitter
- Simple USB plug-and-play connectivity
- Compliant with USB 2.0 Full Speed Operation
- Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification v1.0
- Compatible with Win98 SE / Win ME / Win 2000 / Win XP and Mac OS9 / OS X without additional driver
- Driver software included for older non-plug-and-play compliant computers
- Sony Media Software titles, including Sound Forge, Acid, Vegas , etc. 30 day trial versions
- Resolution: 16 bit 48Khz
- HD + N (-3dBr): -76.1 dB
- SNR: 83.1 dB
- Dynamic Range: 81.6 dB
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Frequency Response 48KHz: 20 - 19.2K Hz
- Signal Input Range: 0 - 2.88 Vpp
- Signal Boost Gain: +20dB
The SoundTech LightSnake is the eaiest and most direct way to get audio into your computer!